Saturday, October 6, 2007

Scooter Stolen...???

Jeff and I had a very exciting day yesterday...something finally happened in our life that isn't mundane, although I would have been fine if it hadn't ever happened. Anyway, yesterday evening I finally got home after a looooooonnnggg day with me being grouchy because I had been stuck in traffic for over an hour and got lost and had no idea where I was. Just as I pulled in, Jeff was dropped off by a friend.

Oh, I have to back up...a couple days ago Jeff's scooter broke down. It won't turn over and start. We were lucky enough to be able to get it home. It died when we got it home and we haven't been able to start it since. I called around to some different places to see if we could have someone look at it and all I found out is that we purchased a piece of junk and no one wanted to work on it because it was the worst scooter you could ever buy and very poor quality (why didn't someone tell us this before we bought it!?!?). Anyway, I finally found one guy who said he would just LOOK at it, but didn't know that he would fix it or be able to help us out.

Soooooo, then last night when I drove in, I parked the car and noticed the scooter wasn't where it was parked the last couple nights...My first thought was that Jeff had gotten it started and driven it around the block and just parked it somewhere else. But he hadn't. The scooter was gone. I looked for it and Jeff looked for it and it wasn't in its parking spot. Someone had stolen it! I freaked out (did I mention that I was already having a bad day?) and started bawling. So Jeff called the police department and reported it stolen and called the insurance company to see if our policy covered theft...it didn't and the police man that stopped by said they almost never recover stolen scooters. The only satisfaction I had was that whoever decided to heist our scooter stole a broken piece of junk that we were talking about selling anyway. It would have just been nice to get some of the money out of it to put towards another better quality scooter or Jeff's dream--a motorcycle--or even a tiny car.

Now here is the "funny" part. When we were in the apartment, right after realizing the scooter was stolen, I had the thought that I needed to go back out there and look again. So, I kind of followed the prompting and told Jeff to go out there and look again. He did and came back confirming that it was really gone. So I dismissed the thought and went back to being mad. We were supposed to go over to Doug and Roz's for dinner and to hang out and so we did just to get our minds off of it.

When we got home last night, we parked about in the same spot we had parked the scooter a couple night previous. There was another white car that had been parked way over by the dumpsters and I thought I saw something through the back windows. I walked over to the other side of the white car and sure enough, there was the scooter--OUR SCOOTER! Hidden behind the car and the dumpsters! Now, I don't know if someone decided to steal it or if they just wanted a parking spot so they moved our scooter out of the way to make way for their car. Either way, I couldn't believe it! The funny thing is that both Jeff and I had seen this weird shadow through the windows of the white car before and neither of us had been proactive enough to actually go check it out. Soooo, we have our scooter back! Even though it is a pile of garbage, I am still grateful we still have it so we can get something out of it in order to buy a new one. I will just feel bad selling it to someone knowing it is apparently the worst scooter ever made!

Anyone want to buy a scooter?

1 comments:

LeMira said...

Well, at least it's been found. Maybe you'll find someone who really loves to fix things up, and you can get some money for the scooter.