Monday, October 8, 2007

The Louisville Zoo

A couple weeks ago Jeff and I went to the Louisville Zoo with Jeff's brother and his wife and family. It was a ton of fun and we saw lots of neat animals! This orangutan was great! Doug, my brother-in-law, kept joking that it was probably the zookeeper in a big costume. Honestly, the animal just sat there posing with everyone!

I played around with this photo in Photoshop. It is Jeff and Garrett, our nephew.
The gorillas were so fun to watch and kind of scary. A big silverback got really mad for some reason. I was really glad we were safe outside the cage. This particular one was also posing. The animals definitely are trained well!
Jeff walking with Garrett and Amanda. Do you notice Jeff with his hands behind his back? If you know Jeff, you know that he claims he is a sweat machine...kind of grosss, I know, but honestly, he sweats at the drop of a hat AND he uses it as an excuse. Like the other night he was doing the dishes (for like five minutes) and claimed he had to take a break because he was sweating so bad and was getting tired and hot. Here he is holding the backpack away from his back because it was making him sweaty. I finally took the backpack from him for awhile. Imagine a 7 month pregnant woman wearing a backpack, holding the hand of a very big strong man...Jeff only let me carry it for about five minutes and then he was either too embarrassed or felt too bad. Really, it was very light and not a big deal, but he has to be the man!
This was my favorite animal...a six month old baby boy elephant named Buddy. He was darling!
Jeff and me and the baby! He sure moved around all day. He does this thing where he kicks his legs out as far as he can and they poke out on the side of my belly. He did it all day! Is it possible to diagnose your child with ADD before he is even born?
Notice they are both laying the exact same way!
Garrett, Amanda, and Will.
I think this is the best pic I've ever taken and it's of a snake! I just love the colors!

1 comments:

X said...

hehe, I love your belly, especially the feet pushing out the side! I was soooo lopsided when I was pregnant, he was all squished on the right side (now we know why!) and he would push his little bum out as far as he could!