Friday, September 28, 2007

White Coat Ceremony

Last Friday Jeff had his white coat ceremony for dental school. Pretty much they just walk across stage after their name is read, the dean puts their coat on them and takes a pictures, then they walk off. I suppose it is kind of like graduation, except much shorter...only one hour! My camera wouldn't take very good pics cuz I was sitting far away, but you get the idea.

Jeff walking down the isle to his seat.
Jeff walking onto stage to get his white coat. I should add, while you can still see his "outfit" that he got many comliments on it and was very proud of that fact. If you didn't know Jeff likes to dress well, now you do. He usually asks me everyday, "What do you think I should wear? Do you think this looks okay?" Honestly, I am the one in the relationship struggling to dress well and he asks me??? I usually tell him it looks great and he usually disagrees with me and ends up wearing something different. Did I mention he does all my clothes shopping? And he does a GREAT job!
Here he is in his white coat.
Here is his whole class, all 57 of them, with Jeff in the middle.
Jeff and me. Most of us wives were wishing this was graduation instead of the beginning ceremony. Four more years of not seeing our husbands...
Jeff looking sharp! Most of the LDS kids in the dental program, except Renee, but she fits in great regardless. In fact, I usually just forget she isn't a member and then she will ask about something we have been talking about, like wards. One time she said, "You guys keep talking about wards. It sounds like a psych ward or something...what is it?"

This last one is a pic of everyone and their families. I know it looks like there are a lot of kids, but all those kids belong to one family, save two babies. The rest are childless or have their baby still in their tummies, like me! Only two months to go!

4 comments:

X said...

how fun! hopefully the next few years will just fly by. I can't believe you only have 2 months left, thats so exciting!

El Chambon said...

Congrats. That rocks. Jeff is so old, I mean like old, like he looks like one of those old people. Maybe I should have Jeff shop for me too!

Amber said...

That's great! Jeff's outfit was very nice. So was yours; did he pick it out? :) I am about 100 pages into Eclipse. I like it so far, but I am just still waiting for something really exciting to happen.

LeMira said...

Congratulations, Jeff! I hear the mouth is an exciting place to live, I hope you enjoy it. :)