Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Rainy Day

Yesterday Jeff road his scooter to school in the morning. It was mostly sunny still, but by the afternoon, it was pouring down rain. I called him several times to see if he wanted a ride home, but he never called back. By 5:30 p.m., I was starting to get a little worried. Surely he wouldn't ride home in this weather...Then I heard the front door unlocking and opening and here is what walked in! A totally soaking wet Jeff. He must have had literally pounds of water soaked into his clothing, especially his jacket. His welcome home kiss he couldn't feel and was ice cold. His poor frozen lips! I couldn't believe it! You can't tell too much from the first pic because he is totally soaked in this layer, but when he took his jacket off, you can see just how wet he was. And what amazes me most is that he was still smiling! What a great husband! A hot shower was just minutes away and showers always feel so good when you are freezing.
When the shock finally wore off, I asked him what in the world was going through his head!?! Why didn't he just call me and I could go to school and pick him up in a CAR? His reasoning was that it was forecasted to rain throughout the rest of the week and after our scare with the scooter disappearing a couple weeks ago, he didn't want to risk leaving it at school all week. Sooooo, he drove home in rush hour traffic and pouring down rain. What a funny guy!

5 comments:

alyssa said...

Luckily Jae was out of town these past couple of days or I am sure that I would have had a similar scene at our house! Those scooters are great for some things, but not rainy days!

El Chambon said...

Well, let's hope he didn't get lip frostbite, because we all know lips of that size are hard to come by. Writing this from a guy, sounds kinda weird.

Amber said...

That is hilarious! That's the state that Noel came home in today, too.

Melea said...

Viddy, I had to read your comment to Jeff cuz it was so funny! We definitely miss you! Not many peoploe out her know about the care that goes into the "black lip."

rozalyn said...

I just wish he had a picture of Jeff hitting that puddle! Poor guy...