Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Lice Update

I have read all the things you could ever think of that you should do to kill lice, but I didn't actually know if I believed they worked, but with some encouragement from my sister-in-law, Jeff and I slept with mayonnaise in our hair and a shower cap on our heads. Needless to say, it was really really uncomfortable and I would have taken a pic, but by the time both of us finally laid down to sleep, we were exhausted and it was late.

Today is another day of cleaning. I went to the doctor yesterday and that was pretty much pointless because she claimed, after spending two seconds in my hair, that I was lice free! Yeah right...then I went home and showered and took the nit comb to my hair. 1 1/2 hours later and about 30 nits and 4 live lice later I was definitely ready to put on the mayonnaise cap. Can I just say that it is SOOOOO hard being pregnant and having to clean so much and wash ALL of your wardrobe over and over and over again! I have been doing laundry through the night and change it when I wake up to go to the bathroom.

Today my goal is to finish the cleaning, for this week. I have to vacuum, sweep and mop and the bathrooms, disinfect the contertops, continue doing laundry, and then rug doctor the carpets, disinfect everything we have touched and put everything else is plastic bags. It is very disappointing to know that all this cleaning is pretty much for nothing b/c next week the eggs will hatch again and I will have to do it all over again...and then again the next week and next until they are gone. It is times like this when I really miss my mom. What is worse is that I have ABSOLUTELY no idea where in the world I could have gotten them and that is scary cuz then I don't know how to prevent us from getting them again. I am tired...a nap would be great, but I am too afraid to sleep or sit or lay on our bed and couches. So much for sleeping lots before the baby comes!

2 comments:

El Chambon said...

Si se puede, si se puede, si se puede

alyssa said...

Hang in there Melea! If anyone has the willpower to get rid of those little suckers, it's you! Let me know if there is anything that we can do to help.