Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Temp Job

I got a call on Friday for a temp job. It only lasts through tomorrow, but it has been nice to earn some money, little as it is. I just sit in a chair and stuff envelopes all day long and it makes for a LONG day, let me tell you. Still, I am grateful for it. Working all day has reminded me how much of your life work becomes and I hated that and don't miss it at all. It is so hard at the end of the day to come home and still have to do laundry, cooking, dishes, cleaning, bills, etc. The list never ends. I can't wait until Thursday, when I can wake up around 8:30 a.m. and go for a walk and then spend the day cleaning and preparing for another gospel doctrine lesson to teach on Sunday.

As for my lesson last Sunday, Jeff says that it went much better than he thought I would and it went great, minus the fact that I forgot to say an opening prayer and kept shuffling my papers the whole time and only got through part one of a four part lesson. Anyway, there is another girl who is supposed to team teach with me now, but her phone does not take incoming calls, so I have no way to get a hold of her to tell her it is her turn to teach, so that means that I have to do it again. Bummer...maybe I should get a phone like that.

I finished New Moon yesterday and read it nonstop from the minute I started, so Alyssa, when you do finish, would I be able to borrow that one too? Thanks and I hope everyone is doing well! Alyssa, how is your job going? I am anxious to hear!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad I found this blog today. Enjoyed the read and the yummy recipes.

Here comes an invitation to visit my blog--this week if possible--as my "Spotlight the Youth" contest ends Friday, and lots of votes are needed to make it work. So please spread the word.

Thanks so much.

J-Bird said...

I am glad to hear that the lesson went well. That is a good sign that you only got through one of four parts because you must have had a lot of comments!
Unfortunately I have not started Eclipse because I have been pretty busy with my first week of work, and like you said, there is a lot to get done at home at the end of the day. But I will get a bunch read this weekend. What are you guys doing for Labor Day? We should plan something fun...

J-Bird said...

By the way, this is Alyssa. I am just signed in under Jae:)

Melea said...

I saw J-Bird and thought...did Jeff get on? But then I figured out it was you. :) I agree, let's get together and do something, whatever that may be. Hope work is going well!