Wednesday, August 1, 2007

My Sister's Reception

One of the purposes of going to Montana a few weeks ago was to attend my sister's wedding reception. They were married last December 7, 2006 in the Salt Lake Temple. The reason why they waited seven months to hold their reception is because a few days before their wedding Zach's parents were in a bad car wreck. They were hit by a drunk driver on their way back home from watching Zach play in a basketball game the Saturday night before their wedding. Zach's dad broke his femur and his mom had a crushed rib cage, collapsed lung, broken neck, and internal bleeding. They were not sure she would make it, but seven months she is doing better and got the halo off (this is a contraption she wore on yher head to keep her neck in place--it was screwed into the skull), although she is still suffers from the damage the broken neck caused to her eyes and has pretty bad nerve damage throughout her body. Thus, she is in pain quite a bit but thankful to be alive. Zach's parents still told Valissa and Zack to continue on with the wedding without them. They saved this reception for Zach's mom, so she could have a part in the wedding and something to look forward to. Here is a pic of my sister and me. She is wearing my wedding dress (now hers) and I am wearing my cousins's dress because my tummy was too big then to fit in my dress I wore back in December. Here is the whole wedding party. I like this photo because the sun was coming down through the trees right onto Zach and Valissa.
My mom, Valissa, and my dad.

0 comments: