Monday, August 20, 2007

25 Weeks!

I am now in my 25th week of pregnancy! Wahoo! It is great so far! No stretch marks...yet. I am pretty sure they will come because I have stretch marks on my hips from when I was growing as a teenager. That must mean my skin just doesn't stretch that well, although I am using a butter cream from Bath and Body Works that has Aloe Vera and Vitamin E in it, among other nice smelling stuff. Also, my belly button is almost gone!

I can definitely feel the baby move a lot! He has this habit of kicking me or punching me on my left hipbone inside. There has to be a nerve or something there too, cuz it hurts! He also likes to kick Jeff at night. If I am laying close to Jeff and my belly is touching him, sometimes he will get kicked. It is funny!

I love it when he flip flops. The only way I can desribe it is that it is like being on a rollarcoaster ride and your stomach feels like it is flying out of your head or if you go over a hill too fast while driving a car.

I still don't like too many food items at this point and have determined I will probably be this way throughout the remainder of my pregnancy, but at least I can eat and that is more than during the first trimester! Our favorite names are Ashton, Carter and Collin. The middle name will be Jeffrey, after his daddy!

Last night I had my first "normal" pregnancy dream. When I say normal, I mean that the baby didn't have two heads, like in my first dream about him. I dreamt that I had him at the doctor's office and the nurse/doctor handed him to me and he was all dressed and cleaned and I just got up and walked out the door to go home. Then a couple days later I realized that they hadn't ever weighed the baby or measured him. I called the hospital and they said that it should all come on the birth certificate in the mail. Then I kept forgetting to call everyone and tell them I had a baby. I remember it was a couple days later and I kept thinking, I had better tell my in-laws that the baby is born. I also remember what he looked like. He had really chubby cheeks and a good amount of hair on his head and was perfect! It made me really excited!

3 comments:

Amanda Finlinson said...

You look great Melea! I have horrible dreams all the time too! I can't even tell you how many times I have dreamed that the babies have come early! It totally freaks me out and I wake up crying!I would love a good dream! I just can't believe how tiny you are! You need to start eating!

X said...

aww you have the cutest baby bump! I have the exact stretch marks- from my growth spurt in the 7th grade and when I was pregnant with Caleb I got some HUGE stretch marks, oh lots of fun lol. Good thing I'm not planning on wearing a bikini anytime soon!

El Chambon said...

HAPPY T minus 97 days!!!!!!!!!!! You're almost there.