Friday, July 27, 2007

Our Trip to MT

I have been meaning to write about this for awhile, but have been so busy with getting everything taken care of here that I haven't found the time. Before Jeff and I came out to Kentucky, we visited my family in Kalispell, Montana for one last time...We are not sure when we will make it out again. It is SOOOO expensive to fly out there and days of driving and we are in dental school. That means we are poor! :)

We did tons of stuff! We went fishing to Moose Lake again and caught about a million fish. Here is a pic of my cousin's girl Ashlen fishing. It was her first time and she loved it! Mainly she just wanted to row the canoe. Jeff let her on the way back but we weren't getting anywhere, so he explained that we needed to take turns rowing. Eventually we made it back. I fished on the way back and caught maybe three fish just in that ten minute period. It was fun!We also spent a day at the Lake Mary Ronan. It was fun there as well. Jeff had a blast because he got to wake board, which he LOVES! Anything with water is fun for him. When he graduates from dental school, he has informed me that his first big purchase will be a boat. I am crossing my fingers that he will also want to buy a house at that point and hopefully move that up as first priority. He plans on practicing dentistry everyday of the week except one. That one day he will be out on the boat or golfing. He is really excited we are having a boy so that he can take him out on the boat too and start him young. Then maybe he won't be afraid of the water like I am. :) I do still tube and have wakeboarded too, but the water really scares me for some reason. Here is Jeff wakeboarding.
Here's my cousin Whitney and me. Not the best picture, but you get the idea.
This is my brother, Brian, and one of the twins I used to nanny for, Katey. Brian is now 17 and Katey is 5. So old! Brian is also afraid of the water, but not as afraid as me. Here is kind of a funny story. When Brian was growing up, my sister and I used to chase him with the vacuum when we were "cleaning." He would scream and cry and hop on the couch and yell until my mom came to get him. We thought it was hilarious and he was afraid of the vacuum for a long time...maybe until he was 12 or so. Now he just says he is still afraid so he doesn't have to vacuum.
Here's my sister making a funny face. Her husband Zach and Jeff are laying on the floor. They are cleaning their ears out. You buy these hollow wax candles at the store, stick one end in your ear, light the other end on fire, and as the candle burns, the pressure changes and sucks all the wax out of your ear. It is kind of wierd. You can feel the wax coming out of your ear and hear it too. You blow the fire out about three inches before it gets to your ear. This is gross, but we then cut them open and you can see the burned wax. It smells bad, but we have contests to see who has the most earwax. Jeff won by a long shot out of all four of us. He had to do one ear twice. What is funny is that a couple weeks ago Jeff had gone to the doctor and the doctor said his ears were full of wax and he needed to get them cleaned.

Here is my brother Brian with the twins Abbey and Katey. I think they are watching the Little Mermaid. Can you tell he wants some siblings? He is the last child. My sister is 6 years older then him and I am 8 years older than him.
I jut got Photoshop, so I was playing around with the features, trying to remember everything I learned. I wanted to make some zits on my sister's face, but I couldn't remember, so you will have to settle for a deformed face. I am sure she won't like this. :)Here we are at the Amazing Maze (and other attractions). There is a human maze (in the background) that you can walk through. We did it boys against girls and the girls won, of course. It didn't help that we have done it a million times and the boys had never done it besides Brian, who ended up leaving Jeff and Zach because they were taking so long. He made it out within minutes of leaving them. It took Jeff and Zach another 20 minutes or so to get out. Here we are playing mini golf. My Dad, Zach, Jeff and Brian.
Here's a better pic of my sister.
My sister and me.
Here's one of Jeff, happy as can be. I think he won or tied with my Dad.
Here's Jeff and I doing bumper cars. I had the SLOWEST car out there. Every single person passed me! Here is Jeff passing me. I let him because I felt bad for keeping him behind me smelling my gas the whole time. :)
Here are all of us doing bumper boats and right after that. We were all soaked, but it felt great. It was so hot outside! Yes, Montana does get up to 100 degrees!
Another of my brother with Abbey just because I love him!

The last day we were there, we got to watch my brother pitch in a baseball game. He is VERY good! It was the championship game and the team they were playing 10-runned them last time, which means they scored 10 runs more than my brother's team and so ended the game early. My brother wasn't there to pitch that game, so I was really impressed when he did pitch and they still lost but he held them down to 2 runs. The final score was 2-0. If only they played 9 innings, I think they would have won! The problem was the other team has a guy who plays in college on their team. He is HUGE! The only way I can think to describe him is he is like Hagar in Harry Potter compared to "normal" people. They call him Moose. He is their pitcher and throws 90 mile an hour pitches...only he doesn't have the best control, which is his weakness. He hit the ump twice and a couple batters. They were in PAIN! After the game, everyone came up and congratulated Brian and said that was the best game they have ever seen him pitch! I am so glad I got to see it!
After the game with the star!
One last pic of MT so everyone can see how beautiful it is! This pic does not even do it justice. Can you tell I love it!? I am a little biased, but it really is a beautiful place to visit/live. This is Flathead Lake, which is 35 miles long and takes an hour to drive the length.

4 comments:

El Chambon said...

I love the pictures! I'm sorry I couldn't talk longer, people get kind of nosy around here. I hope you have a fantastic day and I can't wait to see you and jeff. I've really missed you guys.

Danica said...

That was a great blog - it looks like you had so much fun! Montana does look so pretty. Our RS pres out here is from Montana, Terra Drake. She converted in college I think. Anyways - you guys are so cute. Can't wait for your little guy to get here.

LeMira said...

That looks like so much fun!

Jeana Bird said...

What a great blog about MT. I am glad you guys enjoyed your trip. It sounded so fun. We hope that you guys are doing well. We love and miss you. One day Robert and I should go and visit MT.