Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Real Montana Man

Jeff is now a real Montana Man. He had the opportunity to go fishing on Flathead Lake with Zach, our brother-in-law. I guess that fishing on Moose Lake with me wasn't good enough. Although those little six inchers can give quite a fight, Jeff was ready to catch himself a real fish.

The first time I spoke with Jeff on the phone, a few hours into their fishing adventure, he was not having the best time. Everyone had caught several fish except for him. He hadn't even had a bite. After I got off the phone with him, I prayed he would catch a fish, and he did! Secretly, I am hoping to convince Jeff that Montana isn't that bad a place to live, so him being unsuccessful at catching fish seemed like it might put a damper on that hope. My prayers were answered! I would argue it is a sign, but Jeff would argue otherwise. More convincing to come! Here is the ginormous fish Jeff caught. It was the second biggest of the day, weighing in at 5 1/2 pounds and 29 inches long. All that waiting paid off. He went on to catch several more, but this was his prize! We ate it for dinner and it was good, or so I heard. I didn't try it.
Here are the guys, Jeff on the far left and Zach on the far right.
Zach and Jeff posing with their catches! These were mostly Lake Trout.
Look at the beautiful scenery. It was an overcast day, but perfect for fishing and being out on the lake. Flathead lake is 30-something miles long and about 17 miles wide. This is from memory, so I am sure it is off, but you get the picture. It is huge! We even supposedly have a Flathead Lake Monster, which is probably nothing but an oversized pike, but scary all the same.

0 comments: