Monday, August 25, 2008

Funnies About Maddox

Maddox does so many funny little things and has so many things he likes or doesn't like. While they are really just little quirks, they make him, him. I thought pictures would help us to remember them best. This first one is my hair. He especially loves to pull and yank it (hard, I might add) when he is nursing to sleep. He also hits himself in the head and pulls his own hair when he is nursing to sleep. Strange?
His cousin Matthew is another favorite. They love each other so much and always smile when they see each other. The other day Matthew came over to play and Maddox copied everything he did. Matthew clapped, so Maddox clapped. Matthew drank out of a bottle, so Maddox drank out of a bottle, which I have never been able to get him to do. This particular picture is funny cuz Matthew tried to crawl between the couches and got stuck.
Maddox loves his daddy. He will be having the worst, grouchiest day ever (which is very rare for him) and then Jeff walks in the door and he is all smiles!
Maddox loves his cousins, Garrett, Amanda, Will, and while they are not in the picture, Maddox also loves his cousins in Washington, Utah, and Montana! This picture is taken at Jacobsen Park last weekend. We were there for the Japanese Festival and William, aside from chasing ducks around, found this tree trunk that he kept sticking his face into. It was actually pretty cool. It was hollow and you could see down into the water. What a silly boy!
Maddox loves this miniature disc golf frisbee. He chews on it a lot and always covers his face up when he does. Thanks Grandpa Sneck!

He loves to unravel things, throw things (anything he can grasp), and crumple things, especially Jeff's notebook papers.
Maddox loves fruit. I had the idea to let him play with the fruit in the fruit bowl one day and next thing I know he was eating the nectarine whole! He actually took bites out and sucked the juices! Then he proceeded to chuck the rest of the fruit around the room and bruise it.
This is Maddox's favorite toy when he was just a newborn. It is his face, which is just a paper plate with stickers that form a face shape. I found it and let him play with it again. He crumpled it up and ate it. Bye-bye face!
He loves to chew on his vitamin dropper. It is rubber and he is teething, so it makes sense. Oh, and he loves his acid reflux medicine. He will suck it out of the dropper in the mornings. Have you ever tried it? Zantac. It is nasty!
And last but not least, he is the king of blowing raspberries, especially with a mouth full of food! So if you ever see me with speckled food on my shirt, you will know who did it.

4 comments:

Robert, Jeana, and Brooke said...

Melea, thanks for posting all these photos. It looks like Maddox keeps you busy but also that you guys have a good time. Thanks for all the comments on my blog. Maddox is such a cutie and in the last photo I think he looks a lot like Jeff! I am glad you guys live so close to Doug and family...it looks like you have a lot of fun together. Have a great week.

Corinda said...

Melea--I'm updating my blog and checked out yours while I was at it. I love all the fun pictures--especially the Japan festival :)

Krystal said...

I can't believe how big he is getting!! He sure is cute :)

Joslin said...

It's so good to see how you guys are doing. Madox is a doll! I mean he's always been cute, but wow, he's adorable! I think it's funny that he actually started taking a bottle with the help of Matthew. That's what you call "good peer pressure"! I miss you. Hope you are doing alright.