Thursday, August 7, 2008

Happy One Month Old Birthday!

So this post is way overdue, but my one and only sister had her baby July 7th via c-section. She had complete placenta previa. The doctor planned to take the baby three weeks early, on Monday, July 7th. Usually doctors expect a mother to hemorrage or bleed a little, but Valissa didn't until the Saturday night right before her scheduled c-section. She went in to the hospital and they were able to stop her bleeding. She stayed at the hospital until Monday morning and then took they baby. While there were a few unexpected "complications," everything went extremely well and they are both doing great!

Jett Zachary Pitts entered the world weighing 6 lbs. 2 oz and, if I remember right, was around 18 1/2 inches long. Following are way too many pictures of the little guy, but I couldn't choose which ones I liked better.

This first one is my sister and Jett. Must have been one of those long nights. For the first week or so at home my sister was waking Jett up to feed him every two hours throughout the night. She didn't know you don't have to do that unless a baby is having trouble gaining weight until the subject finally came up one time with her mother-in-law. Since then she has been getting at least 3-4 hours of sleep during feedings. Every bit helps!

Stretching his tiny body! Here is a perfect picture of the little dimple in his chin, just like both his parents.

Taking his first bath. He LOVED it. It was so cute. The minute we put him in, he peed, of course, but he loved the warm water being poured on his tummy.
This is one of my favorites. Uncle Brian and Jett. You can see Jett wore us all out, even Brian! I loved this picture, so I played around with it in Photoshop. Which one do you like? I am still learning a lot and have a very basic camera that doesn't take the highest quality pics, but it is still fun!
Jett all decked out in his baseball attire. My brother pitches and plays left field for the Lakers, a local baseball team. Valissa made this for Jett to support Bubba during his games. It even has his number, #13, on the back. As you can tell by his cute double chin, he is quite the eater. He loves to sleep with his mouth wide open!
My sister, Valissa, and her son, Jett. Looking good!
Hmmm...I am thinking. What do I want for lunch?
I love this close up with his eyes wide open.
From this pic you can see why we nicknamed him "Twigs." Just look at those long skinny arms!
Another stretch and a smile. You know what that means! :) This little guy is now over 9 lbs and getting longer everyday! He is a great eater, but has acid reflux, which is also what Maddox has, only Jett has projectile spit up and does it A LOT! This picture also depicts how much Jett looks like his dad...I sure didn't do a good job on taking pictures though cuz I don't have any of Jett and Zach or even Jett and me!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh congrats to Valissa! She will be such a great mom. He is a cutie.

LeMira said...

I love the black and white picture of the sleeping guys! What a cute baby.

Amber said...

He does have skinny, little legs! But you do have a very cute nephew.

Melynda said...

Melea these pics are so adorable! He is a darling little guy :) LOVE all the pics and love that you are attempting the BEAST of Photoshop!! I am still overwhelmed but it helps to just take it a day at a time :) Maybe you could give me some tips :)

rozalyn said...

He is TOO CUTE! So fun to finally see picts. of him.