Tuesday, August 19, 2008

His First Bath in a Real Tub!

This past week we gave Maddox his first bath in a real tub! This is a major accomplishment for him, but mainly for me. I have an extreme paranoia with showers/bathtubs and was seriously brainstorming how I could get away with never letting Maddox bathe in our tub. Yes, we clean it, or I should say that Jeff cleans it. I have cleaned a shower maybe five times in our marriage and in my whole life. I am simply afraid of the germs. I recognize fully that it is a mental thing and I will strive not to pass this on to my children, but honestly I would rather clean toilets than set foot in a shower barefoot. Nevertheless, after much deliberation, I finally sprayed the whole bath down with bleach a couple times, rinsed it with water, and stuck him in there. I put him down on a mat, though, so he wouldn't slide around, but also so he wouldn't touch the bottom of the tub, even though the water that is touching him is also touching the bottom of the tub. See, it is all mental.

Maddox had a wonderful time! He splashed and played and would have stayed in there all night! What a sweet little boy I have. He is the happiest baby ever. It is so hard for me to stay upset around him and once I saw him playing and having fun, I forgot all about the bathtub germs!

1 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

So cute! Your germ phobia is funny :) I love that the tub grosses you out, haha. I had that issue living in the dorms (because it's legit there but I'm sure that your husband does a good job cleaning :)