Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Our Recent Blessings

Jeff and I have been so so so blessed when it comes to receiving stuff for our baby. I had a wonderful baby shower where I got tons of stuff that I didn't even think of getting and probably would have just done without.

We recently bought this pack and play, which will act as our bassinet as well for the first little bit. When we went to Target last Saturday night to look for one, we saw this one on sale $20.00 off and wanted it but they were all out and they said they didn't have any in the back. Well, I went there on Monday with a friend and just for kicks walked by to see if, by chance, they had more of the pack and play and they did! Two more! So Jeff and I went to Target later that day and he asked the manager if we could have it for the price we originally wanted to buy it for and they said yes! So, we got this awesome pack and play for a great price! It has a changing table, bassinet insert with crib bumpers, a mobile, and plays music/sounds. I love it and my wonderful husband set it all up! So exciting! P.S. This is the only new thing we bought for the baby. Everything else has been secondhand, but still in great condition. Craig's list all the way!
Another great "deal" we have gotten lately is this recliner. I was looking for one so I could sit in the baby's room and rock and nurse him, but they were all so expensive and us being dental students, I was just going to have to do without, but our missionaries are moving out of their apartment and had to get rid of all their furniture, so I asked about it, thinking it would be in terrible shape and not worth it, but still interested in at least looking. This is what we got! I couldn't believe it! It is the exact recliner I was looking at at Sam's Club. Of course, it is a little worn and there is a small tear in the fabric on the left arm, but it is in great shape and it doesn't stink either :).
Now we are ready for the baby to come. The lice are gone. Meals are all made. I just need to get my bag packed and the baby actually needs to stop swimming around in my ribs and make his way down a little! Jeff and I are predicting a baby that is over eight pounds, 21 inches long with a big head and that he will be late late late by sevaral days.

3 comments:

Spencer T said...

i'm so glad your lice are gone. I felt so bad for you guys.

Danica said...

Oh what fun stuff! I love the recliner. You will use that so much. Glad the lice are gone and you are awesome to make all those meals. Hope everything goes well and you have your beautiful little baby in a few weeks!

Esther said...

Melea, I am so excited for you! I can't believe you only have 11 more days until your due date! It will be so fun to see pictures of your little guy!