Monday, November 5, 2007

Jeff and I went up to Indianapolis this weekend and didn't take any pictures, so sorry, but I was lice free for four days and that was great...until this morning. We got back last night and I woke up this morning, went through my hair, and pulled out four live lice and three or four eggs. It would be an understatement for me to say I was not bummed. I wanted to cry when I saw the first live one crawling through the comb. The good thing, though, is that they were still relatively small live ones, so they couldn't have been alive long to do too much egg laying. I am guessing the lice must have hatched while we were gone and then got in my hair again. So today I am washing all our clothes again and cleaned the whole house again and am going to clean the car again as well...but it's not like I haven't been doing that everyday anyway.

Another bummer from all of this is that my nephew is being born right now just five miles down the road and I can't see him for at least a week, maybe more, because of these nasty things. It is really hard to be quaranteened in your apartment all day by yourself for a couple weeks. As you can probably tell, I am really trying NOT to cry and lose it. Pregnancy hormones... :)

Trying to look on the bright side of things, I still have four weeks until the baby comes, so that will hopefully be plenty of time to get rid of the lice AND we did have a fantastic time in Indiana. We went shopping on Saturday and Jeff found some nice pants and I found a new pair of shoes! Yeah! These are the first pair of new shoes I have had in a LONG time. I think the last pair I bought was before we were married. Now I am stylin'. If only I could go out and actually do something to show them off! Maybe next week. :) I think I will go read a book now and get my mind off things.

0 comments: