Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sad News

I am not sure why I want to write about this on my blog. Maybe it is because I am expecting a baby boy of my own in a couple months....yesterday I met Jeff for lunch and he shared with me that one of his classmates 7-month-old baby stopped breathing during the night sometime. The parents discovered this about 1:30 a.m. and started doing CPR on him and were able to get a heartbeat back while waiting for the ambulance. However, the doctors were not able to get the baby's body temperature up above 92F, which generally means he is gone but his body is still functioning because of machines. The baby passed away yesterday evening. The baby's name is Parker, one of the names that Jeff and I like. Jeff actually was talking to the guy and that is where Jeff discovered the name for our baby. Sorry for the sad entry, but I can't help but think how grateful I am for the gospel, eternal families and the knowledge I have of the plan of salvation. I don't know what this family believes, but I just hope they believe they will be with their son again.

2 comments:

LeMira said...

My heart and my prayers go out to them.

Amanda Finlinson said...

That is a horrible story! That poor family!