Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Poor Poor Jeef

Dental school is finally taking its toll on Jeff's body...and mind, I might add. He has come down with a nasty head cold and it isn't easing up at all. Poor guy has two tests and a quiz this week too. It isn't unnatural nowadays to see him walking around the apartment with toilet paper wadded up and stuck up his nose, with some of it hanging out.

On top of that, he is definitely stressed and not getting enough sleep. He has been getting about 5-6 1/2 hours a night, which isn't too bad, but he should be getting eight. I can tell he isn't getting enough sleep because he has started sleep walking and saying really weird things at night. This has been going on for a couple weeks and was only a couple times but now it is every night. For example, he keeps waking up and sitting straight up in bed, which will wake me up. Then he will blurt something out and then lay back down and go to bed. When I ask him what he said or if he is okay, there is usually no reply. He has also started waking up around 2:00 a.m. and turning off the alarm clock (even though it hasn't gone off) and getting up to get ready for school. One time I woke up and he was getting out of bed to walk to the bathroom. I asked him what he was doing and he said his alarm went off and he was getting ready for school. I said it was 2:00 in the morning and then he was like, "Oh, okay" and came back to bed. He had no memory of this the next morning.

Last night he woke up again and started exclaiming, "Hot! I am hot! It is so hot in here!" Then he started to get out of bed. I told him to lay down and I got up and told him I would put the fan on him. So I got it out and turned it on, then went to set it facing him and he was already practically snoring again. The next morning he woke up and asked me why the fan was on. I told him, "You said you were hot." He said, "Oh, I don't remember that. I thought you turned it on because I was tooting and it stunk."

Needless to say, nights have been quite interesting around here lately...just give it a couple months and they will get even more interesting, for me at least with a crying baby. Then I might be the one hallucinating!

P.S. Jeef is my nickname for Jeff

3 comments:

LeMira said...

Matt does the same thing when he's stressed out -- that's how I know something is bothering him. I've learned to also tell him that he's okay and to lie down and go to sleep. That's what helps. Unfortunately, some of the things he does are really funny!

X said...

aww poor jeff, hope he feels better soon! Bob started laughing when he read this, because I do all those things in my sleep all the time!

Noel Dickens said...

Hi Jeff and Melea,

I really like your blog...it is way better than ours. Sorry to hear Jeff has a cold. Amber and I had one a week ago and it sucked horribly. By the way, I voted for Carter...it is a good name:) Anyways, take care.

Noel