Thursday, September 6, 2007

Baby Names Results

I thought I would update everyone on the results of the baby names.

Gavin has 2 votes and Jeff absolutely hates this name, so it is out.

Ashton has 14 votes, but I found out that one of my friends voted for this names 8 times, so if we take his votes out and give him just one, Ashton has 7 votes.

Collin has 3 votes. This is Jeff's favorite name, but we have decided against it because Collin Bird sounds like Calling Bird...

Jackson has 1 vote. We have also ruled this one out. It is too popular now a days and I don't really like it too much.

Carter has 7 votes and we really like this name.

Sooooooo, pretty much we are down to Carter and Ashton. Jeff is concerned about Ashton not being manly enough of a name. He likes Carter, but is disappointed that it means "puller of a cart." He wanted something "stronger!" Anyway, he likes Ethan right now too, but I don't really like that name. He also likes the idea of naming the baby with a name that starts with a "T" with a middle name of Rex (his grandpa's name) so he can call him T Rex for short. However, the only "T" names I like are Todd and Thomas (not Tom or Tommy) and of course, Jeff doesn't like these. Pretty much our baby will be named Baby until we see him and maybe longer...Any name suggestions???

2 comments:

El Chambon said...

So, I'd have to say the T names are way over done. We're past the lower alphabet and its time to step up to the plate with the upper alphabet. Bring on A-M. And I say, let's start at the beginning and kick some Ashton. That's right, that's a strong name. Ash. Ash is a good nickname. Do you know what they make from ash. Lye soap. Lye soap is some nasty stuff and get clean you up like nothing else. It'll clean anything. So, not only is Ashton a strong name, but it's a clean one, too. I rest my case.

Melea said...

I will be sure that Jeff reads this :). He is the one to convince!