Monday, September 17, 2007

6 1/2 months pregnant

I decided it was about time for another post of my belly, so here it is! This is the first maternity shirt I have put on. You can't tell, but I am pulling the shirt in with my other hand because it is still really big on me. When I bought it I bought a medium because I am a medium in my normal shirts, but I have realized that I am really a small or extra small in maternity outfits. Oh well...I will keep growing I am sure! My eyes are kind of shut, but you still get the point! :)
The baby is now moving quite a bit and likes to kick my in the ribs, specifically the right side, and tickle me on the left side of my stomach. I have gained about 12 pounds so far. I have been exercising daily, but the past week or so I have started getting lightheaded and almost fainting when I do. You know when you stand up too fast and your vision gets black or cloudy? That is what it is like. The minute I stop exercising and sit down, I am fine. It only happens when I exercise in the morning after about 20 minutes of walking. Has this ever happened to you? I am guessing it is a "side effect" for some women of being pregnant since our blood vessels are dilated. My blood pressure last week was 90/48 and my pulse was 60 something, so I know blood pressure may be playing into this, but it hasn't ever happened to me before being pregnant, so I am assuming it is pregnancy related. Any suggestions or similar experiences would be appreciated!

4 comments:

X said...

aww, you have the cutest little baby bump!

LeMira said...

Yes. And make sure you're being careful. If your body tells you to stop, then do it. You can still go walking, and that will definitely help you after you have the baby. Oh, and I'm not trying to scare you -- my babies didn't come early because of exercise. A lot of my knowledge comes from talking to my doctor brother with my questions from when I was pregnant.

alyssa said...

Your tummy is adorable! I am excited to make invitations for your shower!!!

X said...

oh, forgot to mention, I had that problem a lot before I got pregnant with Caleb and it got worse when I was pregnant- especially in the middle of August :) I just had to force myself slow down and just take a rest when I needed to or spend 5 minutes just getting up from a chair, drinking lots of water helped too. Sometimes if I felt dizzy I would lay down with my feet elevated, wait a few minutes then slowly get up.