Saturday, September 27, 2008

Some of my Favorite Memories of the Month

This month Maddox has come to love him Mommy and Daddy a lot. He has gotten especially clingy and by the end of the day he follows me around everywhere I go, tugging on my legs. It honestly lights up my day that he loves me so much and wants me to hold him. He is actually pulling at his right ear in this picture. This has come to mean, "I am tired. I don't want to go to sleep, but I am tired." I usually win and he goes to sleep, although sometimes it takes awhile. Maddox is still not a very easy baby to get to sleep. Sometimes I will put him in his crib and he will play with his stuffed lion, chatter to himself and kick the wall for nearly an hour.

Also notice the blinds in the background. These are his new favorite toy. He likes to tug on them and throw them and pull on them. I had a theory that if I let him play with them then he would become less interested in them and eventually leave them alone. Not true. I underestimated the strength of Maddox's arm strength. A couple days ago he ripped one off. Wups!

Maddox LOVES his daddy and his daddy loves him. Don't you just love that double chin and those long chunky legs! I think Maddox has Jeff's legs, which means he may be doomed to sweat pants until junior high.
A favorite past time for Jeff and Maddox is Maddox balancing on Jeff's hand or in Jeff's arms, like Maddox is now. Maddox thinks it is hilarious.
Playing with the blinds. Guilty. Gotta love those rolls!
And this is Maddox's new discovery as of a yesterday, when he broke it. He thought the lamp was cool to try to use to stand up and then he realized it rocked back and forth too. Before I knew it, the lamp toppled over onto the floor and broke. Oh well. Now I know why people say kids are so expensive!


5 comments:

The Johnson's said...

K, so I need to know what you use to make that drink. I decided that I really like it and I actually used up the whole bag and Nate got maybe a glass.... SO if you could, please, let me have the yummy recipe.

Amber said...

Those pictures of Maddox are sooo cute!!! I love the one with him busted from playing with the blinds; he looks so serious! By the way...BYU football at our house on Friday.

Jeana Bird said...

Melea, thanks for the updated photos! Maddox is adorable! It looks like the circus was fun too (I have never been either, maybe one day).

Kelly said...

I love all the pictures of MAddox. Especially the "guilty" face one! He's so cute and I love all his rolls! =)

Esther said...

Maddox is SO cute! Can you believe how fast he's grown? I can't!