Monday, September 8, 2008

I Have Teef!

Jeff and I were so happy to see that Maddox has teeth...four of them to be exact! Two on the top and two on the bottom. We were especially excited about his bottom teeth because I never had those teeth come in. Now we are just crossing our fingers for the teeth next to his two front teeth and two bottom teeth to join the others.

Jeff would be really upset with me for not knowing the exact names of these teeth. How bad is it that a dentist's wife doesn't know the scientific name of teeth? I am going out on a limb here and trying to recall the lecture Jeff gave me last week about teeth names. I am guessing they are called the lateral teeth. Now as to anything else other than that classification, I am remembering a bunch of words, like medial and distal but can't remember what they mean. Maddox was being so serious and concentrating really hard while playing with my blush brush. He kept making motions like he was painting the carpet.There's a smile! And then he went right back to playing and "painting" with my blush brush. It was really cute. I am excited for him to be able to paint for real. Remember those painting books where all you do is paint with water and the colors are on the pages? I loved those!
And here he is eating dinner. Maddox is funny about dinner and "real" food. He really only likes to eat when Jeff feeds him. I can usually get a few bites in him but that is it. I tell you, feeding this kid has been the biggest trial of motherhood for me! Once in MT he went ALL DAY without eating a single bite of food, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.! I worried horribly all day. Hopefully he never acts on his anorexic tendencies when he gets older!

4 comments:

Joslin said...

I'm so glad to see how Maddox is growing. I can't believe how fast time flies by when you have kids! Thanks for telling me about Fenugreek! It's become a necessity out here, and they acutally have a GNC that carries it, it's way expensive but they have it!

Jeana Bird said...

Hey Melea, when I went to Brooke's year check up--the peditrician said(now Maddox isn't a year but I thought I would pass this info along) not to worry about how much she eats. He said sometimes she'll eat so much that you wonder where she is putting it all and then some days she will only eat a fish cracker and nothing else all day (I have found this to be so true)...so don't despair. But the whole eating thing is a major trial (Julie's little boy is extremely picky and she has to fight him all the time to eat). Thanks for posting all the photos it is so great to see you guys.

Kelly said...

I love the one of him with that huge smile. He is so cute Melea!!

Amber said...

I also love the picture of him smiling. He looks like a baby model in a catalog. We love Maddox!