Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Circus!

Jeff and I were talking one day and I found out he (and Maddox) had never been to the circus before and wouldn't you know it, then came to town shortly after our conversation, so we bought tickets. At $12.00 at ticket, plus another $10.00 in fees and $8.00 in parking, we made an expensive family memory. Seriously, though, cotton candy was $12.00!!! I wanted to buy a cool light up sword for Maddox and it was $20.00! I remember going to the circus as a child and riding on an elephant for like $5.00...Okay, so it may have been more than that, but not much.

Regardless, we had a good time and were thankful Maddox is not at the age where he wants anything. He was happy looking at all the lights and noises, as you can tell from the following picture. We couldn't get him to pay any attention to us at all. The elephants. You can't see them too well, but they were all holding each other's tails and walking around. They are probably my favorite part of the circus. Jeff's is the human pyramids and cool tricks. He also liked the horse and tigers when their trainers made them stand up on their hind legs.
All that watching wore him out! It was three hours past his nap time when he finally fell asleep. Fifteen minutes later he was up and back to watching the circus. We didn't stay the whole time, but it was fun while we were there. I think I prefer the small town circus, not only because I lost my cell phone today and couldn't find it because the music was too loud to hear it ring, but also because a small town circus is more intimate and real, instead of practiced and predictable.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Yeah for the circus! That does seem really expensive. I remember being able to get free tickets to the circus at the grocery store growing up. I hope you found your cell phone...that would be no fun!

Kelly said...

So fun!!