Monday, September 15, 2008

First Hair Cut

Maddox got his first haircut this weekend. We figured that since we recently had someone ask the question, "Is it a boy or a girl?" that it was about time. Jeff and I both loved his curls over his ears and in the back, but realize we have a little boy, not a girl. Here is the before pic!A back of the head shot.

The cutting! He did very well. He just sat there the whole time and played with other parts of the clippers.
Daddy's handiwork! He looks so grown up now and like such a big boy! I don't care for it and Jeff didn't either, but said it is now growing on him. Maddox got many compliments on his new hairdo, although I am not sure if he likes it yet. He used to pull his hair when he was nursing and now he doesn't have anything to pull and doesn't quite know what to do with his hands now.

A short video of the haircutting experience. Isn't he such a good boy!?

5 comments:

Kristen said...

That is so impressive. Carter still freaks out with the clippers. I can use the scissors all I want to blend it but the clippers are evil (according to him). I totally understand though. I cried when we got rid of Carter's curls, but that was only at 4 months!

Corinda said...

I love the video--how funny that he didn't even react. He's handsome with and without those curls. :)

Kelly said...

So cute! I'm impressed he was so still!

Melynda said...

Oh Melea I bet that was so sad! He is such a cutie! Totally love the little curls but I also love his new do :) He seems like a pretty chill baby boy...that was amazing how happy he was during his hair cut!

Jared-n-Krystal said...

Thanks for the video post! That was the cutest thing I ever saw...I can't believe how good he was with all that buzzing around his head. Next time you should try a mo-hawk (sp?) or something crazy :)