Monday, June 11, 2007

Montana

I am from Montana. Born and raised and I love it (now that I am gone). Growing up it was really hard because there was a lot of drinking and other activities that usually go along with drinking going on...and everyone did it! Even my Mormon friends. Of course, they have all turned their lives around, but I think I am the only one who made it through without drinking, etc. I have never been so thankful to be a dork, but I did have friends. I just hung out with them when they were engaged in wholesome activities.


Anyway, one of the HUGE complaints you will hear from native Montanans is that the Canadians and Californians are taking over our state, moving here during the summer to build huge, elaborate homes and ruining our countryside. I used to live in the country. The closest store was about 25 minutes away into town. Now the town has moved out to my house and gets closer every year. Currently, it takes about 10 minutes to get to the closest store. So so sad! The traffic is horrible, especially in the summer months for tourist time. In a nutshell, this website says it all: http://www.montana-sucks.com/index.html


They even have a department with T-shirts, cups, hats, bumper stickers, tank tops and other various items to buy to spread the word. I have to admit it is a little crude. I hate the word "sucks." Maybe you could order one that says "Montana Stinks" instead. So please everyone, buy a T-shirt and spread the word!
P.S. Just so you know, this is just a joke; Montana is really the last best place, but don't tell those Californians!

2 comments:

Danica said...

Can't you do whatever you want if you're from CA? That's what I always thought. Jk.

Melea said...

Yeah, yeah! I have to say while I was growing up, I wanted the growth, but now I realize there is no way I would let me kids run free like I used to in that town...we used to ride our bikes miles into town by ourselves and miles back all alone!