Monday, June 18, 2007

Box Creek Trip

A couple weekends ago Jeff and I went to Box Creek to go fishing with my cousins. They all camped, but we just came for the day on Saturday. I had never been there without my mom, so was going off of memory on how to get there, so it won't be a big surprise when I tell you we got lost! We did find the dirt road that turned off to go to Box Creek, but we missed the turnoff to go to the creek and ended up driving for half and hour on a one lane dirt road up into the middle of nowhere high up in the mountains. We finally saw a sign that said Upper Box Creek Reservoir 1 mile and then I knew we were really lost. Jeff was about to turn around when I said we should just go there and at least see what the lake looks like and eat our lunches. What a coincidence when we drove in view of the lake and saw all my family out on the "beach" fishing! They had taken a break from the actual creek to come try the lake out! So we stayed here for awhile and fished.

Here is a pic of me (and my cousin Casey) after catching my first fish. It actually wasn't my fish. Jeff was busy putting a worm on my fishing pole's hook because I have a slight problem with getting worm guts all over me and I was holding his pole for him when I got a fish on his line. I tried to give it back to him to reel in, but he told me to reel it in. What a great husband!
Here is a pic of Jeff fishing. He didn't catch any fish at the lake...mainly because of me. First, I caught his fish (story above). After that incident, he used my pole the rest of the time, but I put the barbs on the hook down so the fish wouldn't be injured by the hook. I hate to hurt them or have to kill them. Anyway, he lost a huge fish because it slipped off the hook, plus at least one more. I felt bad. Good thing we went down to the creek and he caught two there!

More to come later!

1 comments:

El Chambon said...

You know how there are certain stories that just sound like the people you know and love. This was one of those.