Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy Anniversary Jeef!

Hmmm, which one should I eat first? I guess I will have both of them! Now we know why he is so chunky...He is always sneaking treats, just like his daddy!Jeff is playing in a city softball league here in Lexington. Usually I don't get to go because Maddox goes to bed around 6:00 p.m. each night, but this game was at 6 :30, so I kept him up and we went! It was so fun! Jeff is their pitcher and does a great job, or so I have heard. I am sorry to say that most of the time I end up talking to the other wives there and thus miss most of the game, but I did see him get on base once AND I took a couple pictures of him pitching! I also took one of Maddox. Silly boy! Here's Jeff pitching...not too interesting. He is the center dot in the photo...my camera gets all blurry whenever I zoom. Annoying, but at least we have something!Speaking of Jeff, today is our anniversary! Three years of marriage! It has gone by quickly and what a great husband and father I married. He is stuck at school right now taking a test and I am attempting to put Maddox down for a nap but he has not been feeling very well the past couple days so he is being a stinker...literally! Yesterday morning he pooped five time before 10:00 a.m. and this morning he is already on two! He is also not too keen on eating right now, but what else is new? From his size you would never guess he is not a fan of eating. Anyway, thanks to my wonderful husband for putting up with me for three years and hopefully many more sets of three years to come. Here are a couple reasons why you make me smile and laugh in no particular order!

1. The way you play with Maddox and make him giggle until he has the hiccups
2. How you come into the kitchen ALWAYS when I am cooking/busy and want hugs and kisses and try to tickle me
3. The way you laugh really really loud when watching TV at something that isn't that funny, but then I laugh anyway because you laughed and I like it when you laugh
4. The way you stick out your lower lip and pout when I ask you to clean the shower for the millioneth time, hunch your shoulders and fall on the ground like I asked you to run 100 miles until I agree to do it for you or help you
5. The way it takes you hours to do half a sink full of dishes
6. You affinity for anything sweet
7. Your goal to eat healthy (minus that afternoon snack of twenty cookies) and exercise
8. The way you compromise-ie. you agreed to have another baby sooner then you wanted if I agreed to give up ever living in Montana
9. The way you flex in the mirror whenever you are done working out
10. You ask me what you should wear the next day to school or which "outfit" I like better. I tell you and then you wear the other one.
11. Just the fact that you plan out your "outfits."
12. You hum "I love you" and tell me you love me lots everyday
13. You eat the food I cook even when it doesn't taste that good
14. You call me Melva and I call you Jeef
15. Your example in reading the scriptures everyday and saying your prayers
16. The head bob you do when playing Guitar Hero
17. The way you have taken it upon yourself to always lock the door at night to protect Maddox and me.
18. You have a smile worth a million dollars and will make a great dentist just because of that
19. You make everyone happy, including me
20. You are a hard worker (as long as you don't have to do the dishes or clean the shower)
21. The way you let me pick one of your whiskers once every six months or so (I love picking them out for some reason...especially the really thick ones...gross, I know, but it fascinates me)

And those are just a few of the reasons why you make me laugh, smile and love you!

Here are a couple of my favorite pictures of Jeff playing with Maddox. Maddox likes to suck on faces right now. He will take your face in both of his hands and dive bomb your nose or chin and then just suck his little heart out, drooling all the way. This is what I was trying to catch on camera, but everytime I got close with the camera, Maddox would look at me insteand of keep sucking. Still cute though!
Who taught this guy to sleep? Oh, and by the way, his is in no way attached to the blood pressure monitor and box of checks on either side of him. We keep that in his crib to keep his sleep positioner in place because his mattress is elevated due to acid reflux...As you can tell we are going to have to think of something else. Twenty pounds and still growing!

7 comments:

Jeana Bird said...

Happy Anniversary you guys!!! Three years is awesome (I can't believe it has been three years). We love you and hope you have a fabulous day and get to do something fun together.

Jeff way to go with the softball.

Maddox, you are going to be able to pick on Brooke when you see each other because you are about the same size. Too cute.

Amber said...

Happy anniversary! Yahoo for being married three years! Although we agree that Jeff makes us happy, you make us happy too.

Dennis and Kristin Gillespie said...

Melea!
I can't believe baby Maddox is 20 pounds. He is honestly getting cuter and cuter as he grows. I love the picture of him grabbing at Jeff's face. Den was really impressed with his visit to Creighton and is on their waiting list. They think they will let him no by the end of May whether he is in or not. They said they had about 400 more qualified applicants this year, as compared to last year and they guess the other schools did as well. So, they told him he should certainly apply next year, because it should be back to a normal amount of applicants. Just our luck, huh? (Although, I'm secretly kinda happy, because we still aren't pregnant after 2 rounds of fertility treatments. So we could really use some more time here in Utah with the fertility doctor). So, that's the news with us...not too exciting! I thought I caught you saying in your blog that Jeff will let you have another baby sooner than he was thinking...how soon is soon?

El Chambon said...

I love you guys. Really, it's been my pleasure to know the both of you all these years. And I hope that I have a marriage as happy as yours. I really need to find some job that takes me around wherever y'all are.

Claudia said...

Happy anniversary, Birds! Adam is excited for softball season, too. His first game is Friday. Last yeaar he was on a team with Josh and Josh's co-workers. I was forced to watch the games though, because I wasn't in the "baby and stroller club" and didn't quite fit in with all the other girls there. Sigh. So now he's on 2 teams this summer--the same team as last year, and now one with the ward. We'll see how this goes!

Allie Linford said...

Oh My gosh! What a cute baby. I didn't even know you were expecting. It's so good to see you healthy and happy!

Emily said...

I am so glad that you visited our blog! Your little guy is sooo cute! And 20 lbs! Wow, he's getting so big too. :)