Thursday, May 1, 2008

His First Hickey (sp?)

I was playing with Maddox the other day when I noticed something on his arm that was purple. At first I thought, oh no, another thing we have to take him to the doctor for. Right now he has a scratched cornea from rubbing his eyes too much. He has the habit of rubbing them when I am nursing him and he is going to sleep and his fingernail somehow nicked his eye so we are putting ointment in it four times a day. Lovely, yes. And no, he does not like it and yes he is strong.

Then it hit me. Maddox also sucks his arm vigorously when he goes to sleep. Yes, his arm. He especially loves his right arm. He will actually hold his right arm with his left hand and suck. Lately he has sucked so hard that he had been giving himself hickies! Too funny.

3 comments:

El Chambon said...

A sign of things to come. He's running kissing drills early.

Amber said...

That is too funny! If he does that to himself, I can only imagine that nursing him is not too fun.

Aaron and Jacque said...

That's awesome! He'll be quite the lady's man one day!