Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Last Part of Our Trip

The last couple days of our trip, we went to the D.C. Temple. It took us two days for both of us to finally do a session. The timing with a baby who doesn't like to eat was off, but I was finally able to go on the second day after an hour or two of waiting around for Maddox to eat. It was wonderful, although I was distracted throughout the entire session and rushed out as fast as I could afterwards. :)

This is Maddox's new trick, or maybe I should say Jeff's new trick. Seriously, it has been his dream to have a baby and have him balance on his hands and Jeff has had to work at this, mainly because Maddox weighs so much! He has had to build up to balancing our monster baby on one hand. I am okay with it as long as he keep his other arm out there to catch Maddox.
Viddy, one of Jeff's old college roommates and Maddox.
Jeff and Viddy being goofy...
Viddy, as for your request, here are the photos we took just before we left. As you can see, neither of them turned out very well...I look dumb in both of them, you look dumb in one of them, and Jeff looks just fine, as always! Still, here they are!
Viddy doing the dishes like a good boy! His mom made us a wonderful lasagna dinner on Sunday and we were able to see some friends from Utah. Cameron and his girlfriend came over as well and Rich and his wife, Ashley. Also, Jordan and his wife, Kay, and their baby Charles came too. I am sorry I didn't get a picture, but we had a blast!
Maddox sleeping in the stroller. We were at the Holocaust museum during this time. Doesn't he kind of look like a little gangster?
Arlington cemetary...me being goofy and starving at the same time. We didn't make it in time to go into the cemetary, but we still were able to take some pics outside and you get the idea-a lot of white headstones stretching on forever!

And that's it folks! Thanks to Krystal and Jared for letting us stay with you and thanks to Viddy and his family for letting us come over so much! We miss you all and hope to come out again before we leave for the west coast in three and a half years and counting!

6 comments:

El Chambon said...

From the time stamp, must have been an early morning feeding. T hanks so much for putting up the pictures. You guys were fantastic, I loved having you here.

Claudia said...

You guys are so cute! Glad you had such a fun trip!

Jeana Bird said...

Love the photos (I need to come up with something a little more clever to say but that phrase sums it up). Looks like you had fun and meeting up with friends is always awesome. Hi Viddy! Glad you got to go to the temple, what a beautiful temple it is (when I went drove around for an hour in a storm trying to find it was dark but stil beautiful).

Jeana Bird said...

oh, one more thing. I think that no hands thing is a Bird thing. Robert loved doing that to Brooke when she was little.

Adamo said...

Nice. That's weird seeing Viddy. I wish Claudia and I could go to our nation's capitol.

Dennis and Kristin Gillespie said...

Melea, I can't believe how fast Maddox is growing...look at that adorable boy! I especially love the pictures with his cute smile, I think he looks a lot like his Mom when he smiles. It sounds like you guys are really enjoying Kentucky and how close it is to other fun places to visit, too. Dennis interviewed at Creighton last weekend and they said they would let us know mid-May what the verdict is. So, we could be heading to Omaha! OHSU and Maryland told him they are a few months behind this year, because so many people applied. They are still considering him and told us to be patient. As for me, I am in the middle of my second cycle of fertility treatments, so hopefully I will have some exciting news to share next month!