Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My father-in-law recently broke his tibia right under his knee while out exercising on what they call a "Trikke." Click on link to find out more about it. http://www.trikke.com/ Anyway, he has really had it rough the past few months, being in dental school at a really hard school and taking all kinds of tests and clinic and now this. So Jeff and I were sitting around staring at each other Sunday night, bored, and thought we could do something to brighten up his day. You know those candy grams you used to do to ask someone out on a date or to prom? Well, we did that for his knee. I thought we were pretty clever, so I thought I would share it with you!

“Extra, Extra.” Read all about it. You were riding down “Fifth Avenue” on your “Watchamacallit” when you hit a “Sour Patch” on the road. You should have “Rolo”-ed over, but instead you made a “Fast Break” and then it happened, “Crunch.” You had a “Whopper” of a fall and your knee became “Reeses Pieces.” This isn’t something to “Snicker” about. Don’t Worry. We don’t think you are a “Nerd.” At least Mom still thinks you are worth “100 Grand,” and not all of that is medical bills. And we still think you are a “3 Musketeer.”

5 comments:

Kelly said...

CLEVER!!! Nice job!

Amber said...

Very nice! I was never very good at candy grams. Now I know who to call for help.

Brittany H. said...

That was great! Wow, you guys are creative--I bet he loved it.

Jeana Bird said...

Gotta love those candy grams. Very nicely executed!

Esther said...

I like it! I used to love making candy grams, good memories!