Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Off to D.C.!

We are off to D.C. on Friday. It will be our very first family trip ever! Here are a few pics from the past couple days to hold over those of you who actually check my blog...The following is a series of pics of Maddox in his bouncer. This first one I couldn't help but post mainly because of his pot belly hanging over his jeans (6/9 months, I might add). When Maddox lays in his bouncer, it pretty much lays almost flat. What a chunk!Cute smile!

When his fingers are not stuck in his mouth, he holds his hands like this, folded across his chest. What a reverent little boy.
Today it was almost 70 degrees outside, so I dressed Maddox up in some overalls my sister bought him. Is it just me or are overalls kind of girly? I think he could go for being a girl in this pic, especially with those pretty blue eyes.
Don't know how that got out there so far...
Close up of his pretty eyes. Jeff would not like me describing them as pretty, but they just are...besides the fact that he is a big cross-eyed here too.
Maddox doesn't really like baths that much, and he has figured out that he can protest them by splashing all around. Then he gets out quicker and also makes a huge mess for me to clean up, but really it just makes me laugh. You can tell he is thrilled to be in the bath.

The closest to a smile I could get out of him.
Let me introduce you to Maddox's feet...these are his feet as a newborn, maybe he was one month old here, but you get the idea that they are HUGE!!!Today I put sandals on his huge feet for the first time. He kept looking at them..."Hmmm, what are those things?"
And here it is...the sleeping baby. So sweet!




7 comments:

Kristen said...

So I can't get over how much Maddox looks like you in those first pics. Have fun in DC!

Kelly said...

Great pictures! and i'm happy for you to see him sleeping in that last one! I'm assuming its all still going well in that dept. Hopefully! He sure is a cutie Melea!!

Jeana Bird said...

Have a great trip to DC. Maddox is so cute and he does have beautiful eyes (thanks for all the pictues it makes it easier because who knows when we will get to see him). Love you guys.

Amber said...

Have tons of fun in DC. My favorite memorial is the World War 2 memorial. It is especially cool at night. That picture of Maddox smiling in his bouncer just melts my heart! He is such a cute kid.

rozalyn said...

Ha! Love the sandles. That cracks me up.

Danica said...

oh i love the sleeping baby pic. he is such a chunk and that's great!

Laura Weight said...

he has gotten so big mela... he is so cute! I love all the pics of him-- especially the one where he is smiling so big! He totally looks like both of you guys!
We miss you two so much! we wish you guys lived closer and then our kids could of been friends.