Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Amazing!

Still no pics, but I promise the next post will have some. But I am so excited to report the results of our sleep training. Maddox took four 1-2 hour naps today without crying going down and went to bed at 7:30 p.m. tonight crying for maybe five minutes or so...He was definitely ready to learn and just wanted to sleep. We just needed to help him a bit. It was the most painful thing I have ever done (and knock on wood it is over with). Now Jeff and I are just sitting around looking at each other. It is kind of lonely...Time for another baby??? :)

7 comments:

Kelly said...

YAY!! I'm excited to hear that. I was happy to see the update. I was wondering how your day was going to go.

Jeana Bird said...

Melea, that is so awesome, I am so happy to hear that he is sleeping. Way to go. And as far as the next baby, people have thei babies that close sometimes (sometimes even closer), and your babies would be a year apart, it definately is an option.

Brittany H. said...

That loneliness feeling makes you wonder what you ever did before having kids!

Brittany H. said...

Melea, I totally remember that purple boat! (I think people should have to get a special license to drive something that big.) We like our bigger place--more room, obviously, and we're on an end so not as many neighbors. I'm kind of slow at feeling comfortable in the ward, though. It seems like either people have three+ kids or they just got married. It usually takes me awhile to fit in somewhere, though!

The Reynolds Family said...

HOORAY FOR SLEEPING BABIES! And now a mommy that can get something done!!

Amber said...

I'm glad he is sleeping better. Keep it up!

Kristen said...

Honestly it was my favorite when Carter started going to bed at 7:00 and I almost cried when the little boy grew up and it moved to 8:00. Take advantage of your free time now, but hey, if you do have another baby it will just prove yet again you are much braver than I am.