Monday, March 24, 2008

My baby is growing so quickly, even though he hates eating! Check out all that cellulite and chub! This is right before a bath. I think it looks like he has an ape bum. So cute! And then there is me in the background. Ignore that if you can. I had just woken up as you can tell from my hair.

The other day I put Maddox on the couch like this and went to grab something in the other room. While in there, I had the urgent feeling that I needed to go and check on him, even though I had just walked out of the room seconds earlier. I bolted into the living room and saw him...
like this! I don't know how much longer he could have stayed there on the edge either cuz he is so top heavy! Our little guy is learning how to use his body. No more leaving him on the couch!
This Easter weekend my in-laws came down from Indianapolis to visit. This is Grandma Bird with grandsons Matthew and Maddox. They are best friends! If you look closely, they are almost holding hands.
I guess Garrett thought we were boring, so he took a nap in the living room. This is how he sleeps...interesting.
This is Maddox's cousin Amanda holding him. Notice the head sizes. I thought Maddox was going to smash her but although Amanda is small, she is strong and we can't forget very pretty too! Maddox loved being with her.


We also celebrated Jeff's 26th birthday even though it isn't actually until the 27th. Can you believe it!?!? We are getting so old! We had to buy TWO packages of candles just to have enough for his cake! His cake was yellow with chocolate frosting and sprinkles on top, courtesy of Amanda and Garrett. I was trying to decide which kind of cake to make. Jeff likes yellow w/chocolate frosting and also the confetti kind. It was the kids' idea to combine the two and put sprinkles on. Great idea guys! It turned out perfect!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Ha ha that is so funny about Jeff's cake. The first year we were married, Ryan requested the funfetti cake with the funfetti frosting. I so thought he grew out of that by age 10 but I guess not! It's good to know that he isn't the only one.

El Chambon said...

OK, that picture with his bum is the picture you frame and put up so when his dates come over, you show them to her.

Amber said...

Good thing you ran back into the room. Maddox is getting so big! Plus happy birthday to Jeff! We should get together this weekend. I'll call you.

Claudia said...

Roly-poly babies are the best! He is so cute! And happy birthday to Jeff!

Jeana Bird said...

Happy Birthday soon Jeff. We wish we could be there to help celebrate, but we defintaley send our wishes. Thanks for the photos, Melea. Nice save on the couch roll and his bum is too cute.

Kelly said...

Almost falling off the couch! THat is a funny picture! I have walked in to that scene before..scary! Give Jeff a big hug for us and tell him HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! We miss yall!