Monday, April 9, 2007

Happy Easter!

Nothing too exciting to report over our weekend except it was Easter and the Easter bunny missed our house! However, Jeff got enough candy to last him five years! My mom always buys him candy and I hate it...she bought him a couple bags of Easter candy and a huge Costco size bag of mini Reese's peanut butter cups, plus ice cream and chocolate syrup. I keep encouraging him to give them away or to share, so he took a Ziploc bag full of them to school with him today to share with some of the guys in his chemistry lab. A couple weeks ago when he was sick with the flu, they finished his lab for him while he was throwing up in the bathroom.
My mom left on Saturday morning after taking us out to eat at Kneaders for french toast. She hadn't ever had it. I actually ate more than Jeff too...almost. It was pretty close. He only got a measly three down and I ate most of my third but couldn't finish part of the crust. After they left, I went on a walk with one of my girlfriends while Jeff went and played basketball for a couple hours. I ended up getting a little burned on the back of my neck, but it was nice to get out.

As for Easter, I was reflecting on our family traditions we used to do each year. I remember we used to always dye Easter eggs a couple days before Easter. We also used to have an Easter egg hunt with all the family with fake Easter eggs filled with candy. It was so much fun! On Easter morning we would each get an Easter basket full of candy and a new stuffed animal or movie or something like that. Then we would take all our candy out and look for the jellybeans the Easter bunny would hide throughout the living/dining room where our baskets were left. They would be left in pairs and would always be some new wacky kind of jelly bean from starbursts or pastel ones with pocka dots on them. We would give all the black ones to my mom becasue she was the only one who liked them and then proceed to trade candy for our favorites. I would always get the white jelly beans and the chewy marshmellow like pink, purple and yellow bunnies and roosters.

I would take the robin eggs and rub them on my lips so I could have lipstick...blue was my favorite. :)



And peeps! Why does everyone hate them! They are absolutely delicious! Perhaps an acquired taste, but once acquired, they sure are yummy! And those Cadbury Eggs...for some reason it never clicked in me that rabbits don't lay eggs (and we had rabbits growing up). I would always poke a hole in the chocolate and suck out the middle. I am not a huge fan of chocolate. Then we would sit in front of the TV and watch all those great easter movies and eat candy all day. What great memories!

0 comments: