Friday, April 13, 2007

Temple Workers

Jeff and I have been working in the temple baptistry over the past couple of months. The ladies that work there are really nice, as are the men, but this one experience made me laugh. So I was folding the bras and undergarments for the young women in the dressing room with an older woman and a girl about my age. We were really running low on everything and so we had to use either REALLY small bras, like AA's or REALLY big bras, like XXXX Large (yes, they cater to all people).

So this girl walks in and the older woman says, "Can I get your clothing?"

Girl: Yes

Woman: We are running low on bra sizes.

Girl: I will take an extra small.

Woman: Are you sure? You look a little too big for an extra small.

Girl: Actually, that is the size I always get.

Woman: Well, if you use the extra small it sure isn't going to be extra small when you are through with it!

Girl: No comment...just walked away with her extra small.

I looked at the other girl my age working there and was shocked! I really don't think it was meant in any way to be mean, but it would have left me (if I was the extra small/XXXX large girl) feeling pretty down! My opinion is that the girl would have been fine with an extra small, so sometimes people just misjudge others even though their intentions are good.

0 comments: