Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Twitching Eye

So I have this recent problem...a twitching eye. It is just one more thing to tac up there on my list of weird things to happen to Melea and her body that she has no control over but wishes that she did. I just got over...and am still in the process of getting over...a nasty cold that has had me out for a good week! Anyway, so now I have this twitching eye. What an annoying problem to have can I just tell you! Everytime I blink, it starts twitching again and it kind of moves around my eyelid from the side to the bottom and back again. So here I am staring at my computer, trying my best not to blink, my eyes getting drier and drier by the second. Soon I will close my twitching eye and give it a break and look at my computer with one eye open. Then I will open it back up and it will start twitching again, so I will put my finger next to my eye to try to hold it still to no avail and the process starts all over again!

So what may cause the twitching eye, you may ask? Well, yesterday at work I was a bit bored, so I decided to look it up and found that I wished I hadn't. Apparently, there are several diseases and neurological problems that can be a result of a twitching eye. Some people end up having to get surgery to remove the muscle that keeps on spazing (sp?) out...so what will be the fate of my twitching eye? I really hope it stops soon and it is just caused by stress...only it is making me stress out even more, so if it is caused by stress and is making me stressed out, will it ever end? Let's pray... :)

3 comments:

LeMira said...

Here come all of the medical myths, but I've heard that it can be from not drinking enough water . . .

Melea said...

Interesting...I think I will have to try it! It can't hurt, can it? Just a few more trips to the bathroom. :)

Esther said...

I've heard it's a lack of potassium, try eating a banana. :)