Monday, February 2, 2009

January Overview

We had an ice storm hit us last week. Talk about crazy and dangerous! It was amazing to see, but really did a lot of damage to the trees.
I can always tell when Maddox is getting tired because he will lay down on the couch cushions.
Lately Maddox has taken off after I change his diaper and runs around naked until I catch him. Just the other day he ran into the bathroom and stopped, then peed all over the floor. It was so funny. He had no idea what was going on and just stopped and looked down. And yes, those are tampons scattered around the floor. He likes to pull everything out of the drawers, including them.
My little sweeper!
Above: We were playing the most awesome game in the whole wide world (Ticket to Ride) and Maddox woke up early from his nap, so I got out the flour and a couple spoons and let him play away. I had no idea it would come to this, but was happy to clean up the mess after I won the game!



For the past couple weeks I have noticed Maddox's toys have been disappearing. The other day I went to take out the trash and this is what I found.
His basketball in the trash. Little did I know that he had been throwing them away! Ahhhh!

We had dinner at a friends house and Maddox discovered the stairs! And just when we thought he had the hang of them, he decided to walk right off the top step. He got a scrape on his nose and a slight fear of the stairs but other than that he was fine.
Maddox playing with his buddy, Greg.
Thanks to my dad, Maddox is now obsessed with light switches. He will climb up to them and sit and turn the lights and fans on and off. He thinks he is so funny!
Maddox's new favorite yoga position. We do yoga together everyday. This is his first successful attempt.
Just kidding. Not sure why he does this, but he does it everyday. Silly boy.

My brother, Brian, came to live with us this month. He drove his car back from MT with Jeff after Christmas. It has been so fun having him here. I am not lonely anymore and for the first time in eight years I am living near/with a member of my family. He cooks, he cleans, he watches Maddox for me, runs my errands, and keeps me company.

Maddox has stopped growing so much physically and is taking amazing strides mentally. He got his upper laterals and first year molars in, can carry on a conversation with you in fluent "Babble," finally feeds himself and prefers "real" food, and still loves balls. This is Brian's filing system that Maddox fell in love with. Now his dilemma is does he pursue a career in basketball and fulfill his need to throw things or does he become a business man?
The determination...It's all in the tongue.

His collection of balls.

6 comments:

Robert, Jeana, and Brooke said...

What a great post! I love all the photos. I agree, Ticket to Ride is really fun, and congrats on winning. Maddox is so cute and I wish we could hear him talk. The ice storms is beautiful, isn't nature amazing. I am glad you are having fun with your brother.

Kelly said...

Great post! I love all the pictures! The flour story is so funny. How cute! Sad that he's been throwing away his toys though!

Joslin said...

Ticket to Ride looks like a ton of fun. Gavin had a little phase where he really liked to throw things in the garbage but we usually caught it. I'm glad you finally found where he was hiding things! I hear the ice storm was pretty bad, still taking it's toll on some in Kentucky. I love all your different pictures! And I also love your hair straight! You're gorgeous chick!

Claudia said...

I was actually wondering about you guys during the ice storms--you guys didn't lose power or anything like that, did you? And that's hilarious about Maddox throwing away his toys! So with the basketball in the trash...that could mean one of two things: 1. He DOESN'T like basketball and was trying to get rid of it. 2. He was practicing his jump shot and was successful. So his career choice (basketball or business) depends on which option you think is more plausible. Just a thought!

Amber said...

Maddox does have "downward dog" down perfectly! What a cutie!

The Reynolds Family said...

Wow! Januaray was a big month!!! LOVED the flour idea! I want to be the kind of mom that will get out something like that knowing he will love it and knowing it will be a mess for me to clean up! It is so fun to see his little personality coming out. One of my friends little boys has been throwing his toys away too! Once he learned about the trash can every time he cleans up he throws them away.We need to do another lunch play date!