Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Maddox Tree

When I was growing up, a tradition we had was to go out the day after Thanksgiving and wander for hours in the snow looking for the perfect Christmas tree. Along with the perfect family Christmas tree, my siblings and I also got little trees to put in our rooms. Because Maddox had the stomach flu when we went out to get our family Christmas tree this year, my dad spotted the perfect little "Maddox tree" just down the lane from our house. So we bundled Maddox up and headed out on the sled to chop it down!


I guess I forgot to take a picture of it all lit up, but it was a nice little tree and we can't wait to do it again next time we are out there for Christmas.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

What a fun tradition! I can't believe how big he is getting.

rozalyn said...

I love that picture of him all bundled up on the sled! So cute! And how fun to have his "own" tree.