Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Dad's Baptism

The day after Christmas, on my dad's birthday, my dad was baptized! It was such a neat experience to see and makes me want to be a better person and example. I won't lie. It was a huge suprise and all happened so quickly, but it was the best Christmas present a person could ever ask for. This time next year we will hopefully be able to be sealed as a family.

My sister gave a talk on baptism, then Zach baptized my dad. The Dilworths and Natalie and Caitlin Luehr then sang the song, "If the Savior Stood Beside Me." I gave the talk on the Holy Ghost and then Jeff confirmed my dad. Brian gave the closing prayer.

13 comments:

Kristen said...

That is so awesome! I am so happy for you and your family. I know how much you have wanted this for so long!

Brittany H. said...

Wow! That's great!!!

Robert, Jeana, and Brooke said...

That is just awesome!

Danica said...

oh man, that is just the coolest!!! so happy for you guys...

Amber said...

That is so wonderful! What a happy blessing for your family.

Nataliehlambert said...

What a great Christmas gift. We sure do miss you guys. Any chance you want to brave the cold of Boston? I hope Dental school is treating you guys right.

Esther said...

How neat! I am so happy for your family!

Heather said...

Congratulations Melea! I am so happy for you and your family.

Kelly said...

Wow that is wonderful!

Claudia said...

I'm so happy for you and your family! I was sealed to my parents when I was 9, and I still remember so much about it--I'm excited for you for next year!

Dane, Delyse, and Hazel Lynn said...

Yay, Yay, Yay!

Smiths said...

Melea, that is so great! I'm happy for you all!

Amanda Finlinson said...

That is so great! I am so thrilled for your family!