Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Best Christmas Present Ever

This year I got a wonderful Christmas present. I don't have a picture of it becasue it is getting resized, but I got a new wedding ring! A couple months ago, during the whole moving fiasco, my diamond fell out of its setting. Lucky for us, we found it on the carpet in our living room! What are the chances of that!?!?

Jeff took it to Jared to get priced about resetting it. They quoted him a ridiculous amount and said they had never seen anything like this before, especially because the diamond was set in platinum. We had decided on getting me a nice fake ring to wear until we were done with dental school, but Jeff, without telling me, went to Kay to get another price quote. They told him they could do it for 1/10th of what Jared would reset it for, plus throw in a couple wedding bands with diamonds set in them, which I originally wanted but never got due to money. We got everything from Kay for what Jared said it would cost just to set the diamond! Amazing and what a great suprise from a sweet husband. He used the extra money he earned from working some Saturdays at a dental clinic to do it. It is beautiful! I will post a pic when I get it back, although a picture will not do justice to the thoughtfulness of my wonderful husband!

2 comments:

Amber said...

That is so sweet. I can't wait to see it.

Kelly said...

Wow that is a great surprise! How sweet of him!