Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pumpkin Carving Extravaganza

Last week we had our "traditional" pumpkin carving night with Amber and Noel/Evan and G-Reg. We ate some yummy chili and Amber ate almost all the cornbread...again (jokes) and then the guys carved pumpkins while Amber and I just hung out. Note: Amber is not nursing in the background of this photo. She is just sticking the pacifier in his mouth.Last year we had to make a face like our pumpkin. This year Jeff did Bowser. Yes, he is obsessed with MarioKart and anything Wii. He did a really good job, especially for carving from memory. Noel's pumpkin also has some unique features. Note the unibrow and gigantic ear holes!
The masterpieces side-by-side.

And here is a picture of Greg, or G-reg. I say G-reg because Amber teaches first grade and in her class there is a little boy whose name is spelled T-R-O-Y, like Troy, but is pronounced T-Roy. She said he is African American and the sweetest boy ever. Anyway, isn't Greg a chunk? Isn't he a chunk? I should preface Greg's birth weight by noting that his brave mother is of a smaller build. He was 10 1/2 pounds when he was born!

5 comments:

Amber said...

We had so much fun!!! Thanks for having us over. I did eat all of the cornbread that you sent home with us. I didn't give any to Noel! :)

Kelly said...

Looks like lots of fun! Tell Jeff great job on Bowser. I'll have to show Gorden. He's so into the wii and all mario kart related things and people. =) Happy halloween!

Brittany H. said...

This is a great and fun tradition!

Aaron and Jacque said...

Love the devil pumpkin... it was a nice touch

The Johnson's said...

Two things.

1st. Amber left me a message about a hooter hider. I e-mailed her back to let her know I would make one for her. But I haven't heart anything. Can you possible ask her if she got my e-mail?

And 2nd. I cant find a pediatrician that will take MC, I know you had one at the clinic or something. Can you let me know what you did to get one and also who your general MD is. I also cant find one who will take MC. Just trying to get my ducks in a row. I am now realizing I don't have much time!!!