Saturday, October 18, 2008

The House

This is our house. I would like to say "was" our house, but unfortunately even though we no longer reside there, we are still paying rent there. We have had a TON of people interested in the house, but no one that suits our landlord. They are pretty picky, which I can't blame them after this whole experience with us. We are not bad tenants and they are not bad landlords. In fact, we are really good tenants and they are really good landlords, but it just wasn't meant to be. Never have I been so thankful for my little apartment with noisy upstairs Section 8 neighbors and their barking dogs, which I can sleep right through now! I would take noisy neighbors over smoke any day. And Jeff is happy in our little apartment too, as well as Maddox, who was sick at the house and cried a lot while we were there.

But isn't it cute? It would have been perfect if not for the smoke.

The backyard with a storage shed and swingset.
The kitchen. The countertops are very red, but a nice red. And notice our wonderful dishwasher (that reeks of smoke whenever you open it) that spewed nasty dirty water all over the countertops and floors the first time I used it. Apparently the disposal was not hooked up correctly to the dishwasher or something like that.
The great room with the nasty dirty fan that had seven years of dust on it and was never cleaned before we moved in. I took care of that. It was gross. And a picture of the infamous laminate that apparently smells just like cigarette smoke. Yes, the laminate does have an odor, but that odor is nothing like smoke. Just stick your nose right up to that fireplace or in a kitchen cabinet and take a deep breath. Yuck!
One of the bathrooms. In this bathroom the sink leaked. In the master bath the shower and toilet leaked, so we showered and relieved ourselves in here. Oh yeah, and the toilet paper holder was broken. It is such a small thing, but all these small things really add up, especially when you are paying good money for it!
This was the study with the built in bookshelf, which I used to store all my food storage for the few days we were there. And also a picture of the closet door, which fell off along with the laundry room doors and linen closet door. This is our lovely master bedroom closet. Aren't the mirrors beautiful! They are actually very nice mirrors, only you can't really get into your closet or see your clothes because they are too wide for the closet opening. Very annoying. And sitting right next to it are the towel racks we requested because the master bath had none. We were suppoed to install them ourselves. Not anymore. Maddox crawling around on the laminate. One of the things that really annoyed me about this place was that the couches slid around on the floor. Another was the fact that we had ants galore. They were just the baby sugar ants, but they were everywhere. I finally lost it when I went to sit on the couch and it was covered in ants.


One day Roz and Matthew came to visit us. Matthew was pounding on the screen door, so Maddox followed suit. I think it is so cute that Maddox copies everything that Matthew does. Matthew drinks out of a sippy cute, so Maddox does. Matthew is the only reason that Maddox will give sippy cups a try now. Aren't they so cute playing together!?And that's pretty much all folks! That week we lived there seems like it never happened. I have never experienced the concept of blocking memories out, but I really think I have blocked a lot of our stay out of my memory. I love our apartment!

1 comments:

Amber said...

I'm glad you are back in your apartment and loving it. We are praying that someone will rent the house soon.