Friday, May 16, 2008

Nothing Much Going On

I never have time to blog anymore...mainly I feel guilty for not spending time with Maddox. He will seriously just sit there in his jumparoo and look at me the whole time I am sitting at the computer, batting his eyes and smiling whenever I do look at him and I can't just leave him there when he does that, so I usually get him out and he will sit on my lap when I am at the computer. This doesn't work either...he likes to reach and touch everything, especially the keyboard, which is why the words on our screen are gigantic now. He did something to the screen and now you can read everything from across the room. Anyone know how to fix that one? And then when he is sleeping I am either sleeping or getting ready for the day or picking up/cleaning or reading my scriptures, etc. The list goes on.

Anyway, not much to report on here. Maddox is pretty much our lives...and dental school for Jeff, which is going well. His classes are winding down. Only a couple more weeks and then for the whole month of June he has only one class three days a week. Yeah! I am just hanging out with Maddox at home most days so Jeff can take the car to save gas. His scooter still isn't running...not sure what to do about that one. Hopefully in June he will have more time to figure it out cuz it gets boring staying home all day. Maddox and I try to go out for morning jogs...I am trying to run about 3 miles a day and lift a couple weights and do situps. Hopefully I can keep it up, although I usually gain weight when I work out instead of lose it. Funny how my pants fit better when I am not working out. When I start running my muscle mass builds up quickly and my thighs swell up to manly proportions. They fit around my waist but I am lucky if I can get my pants past my thighs!

Maddox is growing so quickly! He likes to snuggle a lot and is learning how to sit up by himself right now. We are also working on standing holding on to something but usually he just plops right back down onto his bum. He can roll over from back to stomach but somewhere along the way lost his ability to roll from stomach to back. He also really likes to give kisses, or that is what we call them. If you hold him so his face is facing your face, he will grab your hair/ear/cheek/neck with both hands and pull you to him and then he will slobber all over your cheek/chin/nose, etc. He laughs when you play peek a boo with him and is finally off of all his acid reflux medicine. We still let him sleep propped up, but that will be the next thing to go. :)

I will try to post some pics soon...our camera ran out of batteries though so I need to replace them in order to download all the new pics. A goal for this weekend!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Its good to hear from you. I'm glad you're enjoying being home with Maddox. I can't wait to see more pictures of your little cutie. We miss yall! You are so far away!

Brittany H. said...

Stop drinking those protein shakes!!! :) I tried jogging a couple of months ago and totally had the same pee issue as you! I'm glad you are finding great things to do with your time--Maddox will love you for it.