Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Favorite Pics from May

Isn't it so sweet when babies fall asleep on you? Maddox almost never falls asleep easily. He hates sleeping and fights it. Here we captured a rare moment when he fell asleep with Jeff. Maddox loves playing with his daddy. It is fun to see Maddox light up when Jeff walks in from school. If he was grouchy with me, he forgets about it and gives Jeff huge grins and smiles. They usually play while I make dinner. One of Jeff and Maddox's favorite things to do is airplane. They fly all around the house and even into the kitchen to visit me once in awhile...until Daddy's arms get tired.
Cousin Matthew is about 5 weeks older than Maddox and much more mobile. It is amazing how much grown can happen in just a month. Here is Matthew playing with Maddox the Blob.

Maddox loves his jumparoo and finally figured out how to bounce instead of prance. Notice how Jeff does his hair. He tries to spike it up, but lately it is getting so long that is falls down, so now how do you like his toupee? (spelling?)
I brought Maddox in one morning to wake up Jeff. He was still waking up himself and just layed there. Isn't he getting to long? I love his rolls and chubbiness...Maddox's, that is.
Note: He finally found his feet! We thought it might not ever happen because his extra large tummy was in the way, but he can now suck on his toes!
Maddox loves to stand up. He can't take any steps yet, but he likes to jump up and down (with help).
Because Maddox hates sleeping and he fights it, his eyes often get tired and he rubs them. This month we had another visit to the doctor because he scratched his left cornea with his fingernail while rubbing them. Here you can see how red his eyes get. As a side note, Maddox sleeps great after he is asleep, but it is getting him to sleep and keeping him to sleep that is tricky. He is a light sleeper, but I think I finally found the solution...sleeping him on his tummy! I was really nervous at first, but now that he rolls himself over onto his tummy by himself and back again, I feel okay about it.
Just a cute shot with his teething ring. Still no teeth!
Yummy food! He loves his oatmeal and rice cereal! He gets really excited when I put him in his high chair. His mouth opens right up and he eats all his food in minutes.
Drooling baby boy! This is actually one of the first times Maddox sat up all by himself and now he is a pro!
Just a cute picture of my beautiful baby boy whom I love oh so much!
And to end it, Maddox was tagged, so here are some random facts about him!
3 Joys
1. Milk mustaches
2. Being naked
3. Playing with Daddy
3 Fears
1. Strangers
2. Getting my fingernails clipped (Mommy and Daddy have made me bleed a couple times)
3. Ummm, that is all I am scared of right now
3 Goals
1. Sit up by myself
2. Eat my vegetables everyday
3. Gain 2 pounds
3 current obsessions/collections
1. Mommy
2. Toys!!!
3. Dirty diapers
3 Random surprising facts
1. I like to eat my mom's hair
2. I have a bump on my ear just like my daddy
3. I have cellulite on my bum just like my mom!

2 comments:

Jeana Bird said...

I LOVE all these photos. Thanks for posting them and keeping us updated on Maddox. He is darling and he is getting so big. We love you guys.

LeMira said...

He's a darling baby, and he gets cuter as he gets older!