Sunday, February 3, 2008

Two Month Checkup

Maddox smiling. He has started cooing and talking and absolutely LOVES the Itsy Bitsy Spider. He also loves it when you stick your tongue out. Sometimes, maybe by accident...he will stick his tongue out too. Sucking on his hands...his new favorite thing to do. Jeff keeps trying to get him to find his thumb, but I am hoping that doesn't happen. Right now it is his whole fist.
Chubby legs and smiling. He really likes getting his diaper changed and kicks and flails all around!
A close up... I think he is looking more like Jeff everyday!
Matthew, his cousin who is 5 weeks older, and Maddox, playing together. You can see Jeff's big black man lower lip here.

It seems I never have time to post much of anything but pics right now and even that is stretching it...Maddox just doesn't sleep and when he does sleep, I have so much to do around the house. Seriously, I don't know how moms do it all. Pretty much if you come over to my house and it is a mess, please know I am still learning how to be super mom...it may take me a few kids, or I may never reach that point.

Anyway, Maddox had his two month check up a couple days ago and it went surprisingly well. I made Jeff come along because I didn't know if I could stand the shots Maddox got, but it wasn't too bad. All the hospital stuff a month ago was enough to get me broken into motherhood and doctors....still don't like them much. Maddox weighed in at 12 lb. 10 oz and was 22 1/2 inches long, which is about the 50th percentile I think. He was so good and only cried a little. He hasn't been too fussy either, although the rest of that day he just wanted to be held. He is so much fun to be with and learns new "tricks" everyday!

5 comments:

Esther said...

He's so cute! It's hard for me to see if he looks more like you, or more like Jeff. He looks so much like both of you! Who do you both think he looks more like?

Amber said...

These pictures are so cute of Maddox! I am really glad that the check-up went well. It really is amazing how quickly he changes and develops. I know we have told you this before, but it is fun to see what new thing he can do each time we see you.

El Chambon said...

I can't wait to meet him in person!

Jeana Bird said...

Hey Melea,
In my opinion it is not all about being super mom. My mom would always say that you only get a chance to raise your kids once so she would always just spend time with us, and that is what I remember...the fact our house was dirty well chalk that up to eight kids. Don't get me wrong I know there are moms out there that can do everything (and I am sure you will be one of them)--makeup, hair done, house clean, happy-smart babies, and the list goes on and on but I am just great being me and I pretty sure Brooke thinks I am doing a good job. Anyways enough rambles...motherhood was a huge adjustment..oh wait I am STILL adjusting, I know you are doing just great and Maddox loves ya. Have a great day and he is a cutie.

Emily said...

Jeff and Melea, hopefully you will remember us, this is Emily and Scott Norton - we used to live in your ward at Wymount. Someone from Wymount found our blog and it opened up a ton of new family connections that we haven't heard from in so long. We loved seeing your pictures and reading a few of your updates. Congratulations on your new baby boy! We had a baby boy this summer and if you happen to find time to visit, you are always welcome. www.nortonfamily.us
Take Care!