Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Why I have been sick...

So I went to the doctor yesterday because I haven't been feeling very well the past month or two. I have been really nauseous. They did an ultrasound on my stomach and this is what they found:

For those of you who still can't tell what is "wrong" with me, I am 11 weeks pregnant and sick as ever! When I went to get the ultrasound, I thought I was only 10 weeks pregnant, but after measuring, it turns out I am actually 11, which I was not going to argue about...one week closer to not being sick all the time! Really, waking up at 4:00 in the morning to throw up (which I did this morning) is not my cup of tea. However, it is a good sign.

I went in to get the ultrasound because I had been having some really really bad cramping (but not bleeding) for the past week and a half. We did find the source of the pain. The yellow words say, "Hi Mom and Dad." Just under the Dad part of the sentence, you can see where the embryonic sac has torn away from the corrionic sac...I am not sure if those are the correct terms, but you get the idea. The ultrasound lady said she sees this quite a bit and that I needed to be on pelvic rest for the next two weeks, which means no exercise and no lifting, so it can heal. However, she did say that where the tear happened, that area has filled up with blood and it probably will come out. She told me to expect some bleeding, which will totally freak me out even though she said not to worry.

Anyway, it was so neat to see the "thing" (in Jeff's words) and "it" (in my words) moving around and kicking and waving its arms. She said the baby was extremely active and 4.4 cm long and looked very healthy, so that is good news! I am due around the beginning of December.

3 comments:

Amanda Finlinson said...

Congrats Melea! I am so excited for you! It is a very good sign to be sick, as awful as throwing up can be! Congrats to both of you!

LeMira said...

Congratulations! That's very exciting. Just remember -- the sickness will pass, eventually. I hope all goes well.

Danica said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I am SOOOO excited for you!!!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this!!! Oh Melea - congrats x a million. I know this is what you want more than anything, so take care of yourself and that little baby and KEEP ME POSTED! It's such a toss up: either be sick and gain weight slower at the beginning, or feel great but get bigger faster! I'd take sick again though. :) Mine went away magically at 13 weeks, so hopefully yours will too!