Friday, May 4, 2007

Scooter

Jeff and I have talked a couple times about getting a scooter...actually he really wants one and mentions it every once in awhile. He argues that we will need another form of transportation when we get out to Kentucky for dental school and we will not have a ton of money to spend on purchasing, insuring, and gasing up a car. Thus, he thought we should get a scooter.

Soooooo, I started looking on Craig's List every once in awhile for one here in Provo for a good price. Yesterday I found one. I called Jeff and told him to call the guy. He did. We went after work and looked at it. We said we would need to talk about it just a bit and would let the guy know by tomorrow afternoon. We left. We stopped at the bank on the way home to withdraw the money. We called the guy and went. We picked it up that night. Jeff couldn't wait! He was so excited! Of course, he was frozen when he got home because it was like 40 degrees F outside. Here is a picture of the scooter. In case any boys read this and care, it is a 2007 Roketa Tahiti 150 cc moter scooter. Although my dad was not happy when I told him we bought one, he would laugh at the fact that I was sold not because it was a good quality scooter for a good price, it was because it was a pretty color and pretty looking. That was how I picked my sea foam green carpet in my room at home in Montana and my car. They were pretty!
Here is another picture:
We can save TONS of money on gas. This thing gets 80-85 mpg, so we will probably fill up once a month, if even that! Jeff will just be riding it to work and school. Now, according to my dad, we just need to get flourescent helmets, leather jackets, and hunter's orange vests if we want to ride it! Don't worry Dad, we will be safe on this. Afterall, I have always been the responsible child, haven't I? I was usually always home early and had dorky friends and straight A's and went to church and never got in trouble, except when I wrecked the minivan and drove the Camry into the freezer/house/kitchen... :)

3 comments:

Danica said...

I bet you guys will have fun...our "hog" was lots of fun at BYU. So Zack has been on a scooter kick, too...we might be getting one here soon. If he can think of enough reasons we need it to convince me again.

Danica said...

By the way...Zack bought his scooter on Monday. :)

Melea said...

Haha..Jeff just got his helmet in the mail. We got them off ebay. My is a pink half helmet and Jeff's is a black one. He was so excited to get them he insisted we wear them during family prayer!