Sunday, January 20, 2008

Just Hangin' Out

The past week has been a great one! It was our first week by ourselves-just Maddox and me. It is amazing how quickly he grows. Each day he is accomplishing new things and getting new "tricks." His latest is pushing up on his legs. We will hold him upright and start to lift him slowly and he will kick/push up with his legs and kind of jump. It is really cute and he gets so excited when we do it with him. He is no longer just a blob, but is getting muscles! Maybe he will be blessed to have HUGE legs like his daddy (and mommy, for that matter). Most of you probably already know, but Jeff had to wear sweats his whole childhood because his legs were too big for jeans. He got his first pair of jeans in junior high because the baggy style finally came into fashion. While I wasn't quite so bad, I do recall trying on pants in the dressing room of KMart and my mom brought me a pair of boy's pants because the girl ones wouldn't go up above my knees. Dumb thighs! Oh well...

A quick little story...Yesterday I gave Maddox a bath because he blew out his diaper. I gave it to him in the kitchen in a small tub we have. I had him set on the counter above the dishwasher and the dishwasher was on. So I am standing there, washing his face, when I here a splattering on the floor. Thinking it is the dishwasher, I look down, expecting to see water dripping all over the place, but instead I see the water is over by the fridge, like 2-3 feet away! I then followed the steady stream of water back up to the bathtub and realized Maddox was peeing out of the tub over the counter and onto the kitchen floor! Great! I just let him finish his business and kept on going! At least he didn't pee into the tub water; otherwise we would have had to start over.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Ha thats funny. I was bathing my nieces the other day and as soon as I took their 14 month old out of the tub she stood on the carpet and just looked at me like she knew she was being naughty and peed all over the carpet! Not cool, but thats what little ones do!

Kelly said...

You are funny. I had totally forgotten about when you told us about y'alls Thighs growing up. I still think it can't be as bas as you make it sound! =) Its fun to hear stories about Maddox. Tell Jeff hi for us! Love you!

LeMira said...

It's so normal for boys to pee in the water and in the air as soon as the diaper is off! And urine is sterile anyway, but gross.

Danica said...

that's funny. someday you won't even change the water if he DOES pee!