Saturday, January 5, 2008

Cold in Kentucky

It is cold here is Kentucky and Maddox also has his first cold and it is no fun for us or for him. He is still such a good baby though and I feel so bad for him, especially because he can't take any medicine to make him feel better. He has a bad cough and is all wheezy and mucousy and stuffed up. This parenthood stuff is definite grounds for worrying and I am already a professional at that. Good thing I have Jeff to keep me sane and calm! Hopefully he gets over it quickly, although Maddox is still on the downward slope. It will be a relief when he starts showing some signs of improvement. I am dreading tonight because he has been pretty bad all day and it always gets worse at night. Looks to be a night of no or little sleep for me!

On a good note, Maddox did have a weight check up this week and he weighed in at 10 lb. 3 oz! He is 22 inches long and has a monster head, meauring 41 cm, up from 33 just two weeks ago! I tried to put one of his hats on his head a couple days ago and it didn't fit...now I know why. He is still only in the 50th percentile though for weight and height. There must be some ginormous (sp?) babies out there!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I hope he gets feeling better soon. That would be nice for everyone involved. I also just wanted to say that we had such a FUN time the other night. It was great to see you three.

Casey Redd Kennington said...

I hope Jeff Jr. (aka Maddox) feels better soon. It was nice to hear from you on our blog. We may come to you for advice since you've been parents for so long ;)