Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Baby on the way

I went to the doctor today and was VERY surprised to find out that I will be induced tomorrow morning at 6:00! Usually Medicaid doesn't induce early, but the doctor really doesn't like women to go past 41 weeks (I would have been 41 weeks on Sunday) and he works the next two days, so he got clearance from insurance to induce me early. This way my mom will be here and Jeff will still be able to take finals, which start on Friday.

Soooooo, we are having a baby tomorrow! I am 3 cm dilated, 80% effaced and the baby is at a -2 station. They will break my water and see if that puts me into labor, but if not I will start pitocin after a couple hours and Baby Bird will enter the world sometime on Thursday, December 6! I am predicting he will be 7 lbs. 8 oz. and 20 1/2 inches long and will be born tomorrow afternoon around 4 or 5:00 p.m. Jeff thinks he will be 15 lbs., just like he was when he was born. He was actually 9 or 10 lbs., but we will let him think he was born a muscle man. Crazy to think that next time I post I will be a mom and have a baby! Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Yay for you! At least you know when he is coming now right? If they are going for pitocin for you, make sure they are working on the epidural asap because once pitocin kicks in, you will need it. Can't wait to see and hear all about your little guy.

El Chambon said...

Congrats, I tried to call, but i'm sure you guys were busy. Good luck, you'll be in my prayers.

Whitney said...

HORRAY! You'll do great!

X said...

Yay!!! That is such good news, I'm so excited for you- you're going to be a mommy! I can't wait to see pics and hear all about his birth.

I'm gonna predict that you'll have him around 2pm and he'll be 7lbs 14oz.

Good luck tomorrow, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers for a short, easy labor!

alyssa said...

Yeah! I am excited to meet the little guy!

Nataliehlambert said...

good luck sweetie. Everything is going to be great. Can't wait to see pictures.