Sunday, December 30, 2007

Maddox and his cousin Matthew, who is just five weeks older than him. Maddox is on the left...notice the difference in head size. Matthew and Maddox again...Maddox is the baby at the bottom of the picture.
Uncle Brian and Maddox. Brian, my brother, is the professional burper. He is the only one who seems to be able to get Maddox to burp well.
Grandpa (my dad) and Maddox.
The whole family (minus my sister and her husband) right after Maddox's baby blessing, which was amazing!

After a bout of mastitis, which is an infection caused from nursing (not fun AT ALL), I am finally back up and able to function semi-normally. I don't think I will ever be quite normal again as I have another person to take care of now who drains me of any extra energy I might have...But I still love being a mom!

Maddox continues to grow at an amazingly fast rate. A couple weeks ago the doctors weighed him at 8 lb. 6 oz., up from 8 lb. in just TWO DAYS! Then I had another appointment for him one week later. They weighed him again and said he had only gained one ounce, so they weighed him again on another scale and that one said he weighed only 7 lb. 9 oz.! I couldn't believe it because he eats so much and that made me nervous that there really may be something wrong with him and he wasn't "thriving." So they made an appointment for two days later for a weight check and told me I had to feed him every two hours on the dot. You would think that after all my experiences with doctors (if you know my past) I wouldn't have believed their concern or what they said he weighed, but I did...only to find out that their scales were off and he was actually 8 lb. 10 oz and just fine and dandy. In fact, today at church several people couldn't believe he was only three weeks old because he is so big, especially his head, which several people asked if it was off the charts. Nope, it is just really big! Anyway, here are some pics of the past week and our little baby boy!

1 comments:

Amber said...

I bet it was so fun to have your family visiting! Maddox is way cute in these pictures. Noel and I both agree that you look like your dad, Melea.